No announcement yet.

Resistance Tubing for improving punch power and speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistance Tubing for improving punch power and speed

has anyone used something like this before?
    http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...dow-boxer.html

Has anyone used something similar?

I'm looking for something that I an use to add elastic resistance to my punches so I can shadow box and train punches individually or as combos.

The way I'm hoping to use this is by alternating 2 minute shadowboxing rounds, first with the resistance and then without, which is a form of complex training???

thoughts? would this be effective?

thanks
    Last edited by judge_jab; 08-12-2008, 12:29 PM.

yeah i got that. ts kind of annoying to use because it pinches ur skin alot and when u throw hook ur elbows go in between the cords. it hasnt really helped my speed either but i still use it everyday.

Comment

A gimmick! Stick to handweights;

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...ND+WEIGHTS.htm

Comment

A gimmick! Stick to handweights
        agreed, your much better off with light wieghts in your hands than bands around your back.

Comment

Dude, on that link picture it looks like the band is strapped to his armpit hair haha, gotta hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by judge_jab View Post
            has anyone used something like this before?
            http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...dow-boxer.html

Has anyone used something similar?

I'm looking for something that I an use to add elastic resistance to my punches so I can shadow box and train punches individually or as combos.

The way I'm hoping to use this is by alternating 2 minute shadowboxing rounds, first with the resistance and then without, which is a form of complex training???

thoughts? would this be effective?

thanks

There are some respected forum members (Versy), who uses bands and says they have improved his hand speed.

Comment

If it works for you or you think it does, then more power to you! IMHO it is a big joke and quick way to make extra bucks with 'technology'. Forget 'respected' forum members, how many top pro's use this ****? I would like to know.

Comment

For once I agree with you Maf. Strange.

Comment

as much as I hate him (i'm a brit btw), Joe Calzaghe frequently uses these, he used it in the Hopkins countdown!

Hopkins uses them aswell in the countdown video. Mackie Shilstone says he often gets his athletes to use them. Roy Jones jr too.

My question is whether it's more useful for developing speed or just endurance???
                  Last edited by judge_jab; 08-13-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X