No announcement yet.

Help me progress as a trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me progress as a trainer

My school's boxing club is an officially registered club with USA Boxing, and this year we want to make it really good, compete with other schools, travel to other schools to spar, etc. I'm an assistant trainer, as in I'll be doing mitt work with people, setting up cardio workouts, giving tips, etc.

Since I've been following boxing I've always had a much larger appreciation for the craft and guile of the sport than anything else. I always watch the countdown and 24/7 shows, and especially with the training aspect I'll try to pick up things, especially combos on the mitts.

If anybody has great combos, cardio workouts they know, or anything that will help me to be a better, more rounded overall trainer to better help those who are just starting out, please let me know.

This video is of a prospect named Adrian Gonzalez, who now trains with Floyd Sr., hitting the mitts with Roger. If anybody can catch the combos they're using really quick and write em down, let me know, I just woke up and am in no mood to watch this **** over and over to get everything down haha.

Appreciate the help guys, and if anybody is around UMass Amherst in the fall, come through the boxing club!

Forget what combos that guy is doing. As a coach you need to develop your own theory of boxing through experience. Then you can do padwork and combos tailored to your style of teaching!

Comment

Working...
    X