No announcement yet.

crossfit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crossfit

Anybody ever tried crossfit? How good would it be to supplement boxing training?

Im not sure what it is, but if it's for weight training, no. Free weights>that

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrossFit

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/what-crossfit.html

It's not a machine, it's a fitness program sort of. It seems like it has some demanding workouts. Just wondering if it might help for boxing and if anybody's tried it and what they think about it.

Comment

ive tried crossfit. its intense, but theres not really a method to the madness. you can learn some good things from it, but they also encourage you to do reps as fast as you can without regard to form which is a horrendous idea.

you should program your training into mesocycles (6-8) weeks in a scientific manner that has definite goals. otherwise, just working out to "get your butt kicked" will only take you so far and your results will vary.

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
          ive tried crossfit. its intense, but theres not really a method to the madness. you can learn some good things from it, but they also encourage you to do reps as fast as you can without regard to form which is a horrendous idea.

you should program your training into mesocycles (6-8) weeks in a scientific manner that has definite goals. otherwise, just working out to "get your butt kicked" will only take you so far and your results will vary.
          I agree, there has to be a method to the madness. Crossfit, as the name implies, is gunning for everything at the same time (strength, endurance and everything in between), thus hitting very little. If they start doing crossfit competitions, I'm sure crossfit training will be a good way to prepare, but for boxing, following a "random" Workout of the day, off some website is not a good idea.

Some of their exercises, and the ideas behind are good, and could be used for boxing, but you'll have to adapt it, so it fits your boxing needs.

Comment

good point raised by both of you. But I was thinking maybe crossfit would be great since it seemed to be so balanced. But for example, don't know how much gymnastics stuff would help, except for flexibility.

Comment

they make for good conditioning workouts, but i think you can use their workouts for conditioning as part of a better overall plan with more direction

Comment

Working...
              X