No announcement yet.

Getting paid in the AM's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting paid in the AM's

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum ever got paid for fighting in a AM sanctioned bout? Not like in a tournament but like a small local fight. The last few bouts ive had were held at country clubs, and the winner got paid like 50 bucks after the fight. Im pretty sure that its illegal so Im not going to list any venues(lol) but they were AIBA sanctioned fights.

Ya can get paid if your a big famous amateur. I think the cubas stay in camps year around. So they get paid. Kinda like sponsorships.

Comment

from what i know it's illegal but id say most elite level ams are getting pretty decent 'incentives'

Comment

It is not illegal for AM's to get paid and it is common in many countries with decent teams. The entire Cuban team and the UK team are both getting paid and it is public knowledge. In UK they get funding from Sport England and the lottery fund. So that would mean the taxpayer and gambling addicts pay their wages!

Comment

I fought in a show called "Bash for Cash" about 3-4 years ago. The winners all got $100, and we HAD to give them to chariety. The winners gave the checks to foundations. Pretty stupid. Thats the closest to being paid ive ever been.

Comment

i think if your a world class am you can get sponsorships with brands where your overseas fares for competition get paid, you get all the training gear you want and i think you may get paid to advertise clothing and a little money on the side

Comment

I'd like to know why AM Boxers cant be paid? Many other amateur sport teams here in Melbourne, Aus are allowed to pay their players, especially top amateur Aussie rules footy players, they get anything upto 1-2 grand a game.

Comment

here in belgium you get 50 euro with every fight, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by AFTERMATH View Post
                  I'd like to know why AM Boxers cant be paid? Many other amateur sport teams here in Melbourne, Aus are allowed to pay their players, especially top amateur Aussie rules footy players, they get anything upto 1-2 grand a game.
                  they can be paid. Please read my above post. Most of the GB team get paid more than most pro's. If they don't get paid in Oz, take it up with sporting bodies there to fund AM's and stop them turning pro too soon. That is only reason why Brit team has gone from 1 to 8.

Comment

Working...
                  X