No announcement yet.

Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Would you rather go to college and join the boxing team at the college (only a handful of colleges in the US have teams, most are military affiliated) or just go to college and just continue as an amateur at a nearby gym, and why?

Iam having this same problem man, Im goin to college next year and I'am only joining a college that either has a boxing gym on or near campus or has a boxing team. But I dont know if a college boxing team is really the real deal or a joke. and not many colleges have boxing gyms around it

Comment

i go to college and fight through an unaffiliated gym. i like that i can go to the gym anytime i want, and not only at assigned times. makes it easier to fit boxing, school and work into my schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Q21 View Post
        Iam having this same problem man, Im goin to college next year and I'am only joining a college that either has a boxing gym on or near campus or has a boxing team. But I dont know if a college boxing team is really the real deal or a joke. and not many colleges have boxing gyms around it
        Yeah that's my problem too, this may be helpful to you.. a list of colleges with teams

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ng_Association

beyond this I have no idea if the team takes your passbook so that you can't compete at stuff like golden gloves etc. etc.

Comment

there's only about 10 colleges that have boxing teams and they aren't allowed to give scholarships. I think you would get further justs staying in the ametuer competitions and going to a private gym.

Comment

Originally posted by dfwtx View Post
            Yeah that's my problem too, this may be helpful to you.. a list of colleges with teams

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ng_Association

beyond this I have no idea if the team takes your passbook so that you can't compete at stuff like golden gloves etc. etc.
            I actually live near a bunch of those colleges (West Chester, Gettysburg, Shippensburg) but most likely they have **** programs I might just stick with a gym around one of the colleges

Comment

Working...
            X