Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do boxers that weight train do bicep curl and bench press?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the intervals do for sure

Comment

I do full body weight traing but i dont focus on biceps. Im always fluid because of stretching or genetics.

Comment

First thing I was told, was no bicep curl.

Not only does it tighten your joints and ligaments, but you don't want added weight on your arms. You'll burn more oxygen, and burn it faster.

Also, the bicep doesn't really do **** for punching.

Comment

Not training the biceps or chest could cause serious muscle imbalances. If you are boxing then you are making weight. You won't gain muscle without being in a caloric surplus.

As long as you make boxing-related exercises (bag work, sparring, etc.) then you won't become bulky and immobile. Strength training should play only a small part in the overall routine. Plenty of strength comes from the actual workout. Just don't expect to be winning any power-lifting competitions.

Comment

Dumbbell press > Bench press.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              Dumbbell press > Bench press.
              Not true

Bench Press > Dumb bell press

Dumb bell press puts stress on the shoulders that is unnecessary for boxers bc they are never not using shoulders by keeping hands up or punching . You will get more strength gains on a limited motion with the straight bar with more weight and less risk of tearing anything bc balance is not an issue either .

Bicep curls should also include resistance pulling with bands , a stronger bicep will increase hooking power and aid in to digging harder into the punch ,one should work heavy bag particularly hard body shots on a bicep day ,i usually mix it up working them out befoe and sometimes after .

Comment

Bench press may increase your punching power slightly, but punching power comes from technique, speed and accuracy more than strength.

Bicep curl has no effect on boxing ability.

Comment

Working...
                X