Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thx you too

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
      i'm studying for my CSCS cert and am a personal trainer. top athletes have between 5-8% body fat. i know because i have to take this test frequently and look at charted data on the statistics every day. i realize that under 5 is not the best- bordering on unhealthy, but b-hop was certainly in the same boat as are many boxers.

as for the accruacy... my comp test was taken with the skinfold test, taken at 3 points instead of the maximum 7 (this is a very common abbreviated version of the test), so though it is much more accurate then say, one of those high-tech scales that supposedly measure body comp, it still could have been more acurate. the caliper readings were taken 2 inches outside the umbillicus (belly button), on the chest- half way between the areola (nipple) and the anterior axillary- armpit, and on my thigh half way between the proximal border of my patella (basically top of the knee capish) and the inguinal crease (think hip flexor)... an earlier reading had me at 5% which is more likely

and just so you know dude- there certainly is a 165 pound (75 kg) division- thats middleweight internationally and thats a FACT. for example shawn estrada is the us's 165 pound fighter in the olympics. amateur divisions are different than pro weight divisions. look it up dude. thanks for your thoughts on the food though... much obliged

let's get back to the food though. anyone else?!?
      Good to see you are studying it so you will now that most of them are naturally lean. If this is case with you then that is fine but normal people should not go that low as they will suffer the consequences. I guess everyone has their own theroies because on my course at Halton College which was funded by LFC, my lecturer told me that 10 was the absolute limit of healthiness. Also, I have noticed that the heavier punchers and strongest boxers tend to be around or above this limit. It's all up to you though.

Comment

Cool,

Anyone else have any good food suggestions?!?

Once again- food that can offer the most energy and encourage recuperation from cutting weight without causing pre-fight digestive issues... thanks

Comment

oranges, i eat one before i work out

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
            oranges, i eat one before i work out
            yeah, oranges are good.

how do y'all feel about yogurt? i snack on the peach la yogurts sometimes- delicious!

Comment

yeah yoghurt should be fine...also i know chocolate and that aint good for ya but before a fight sometimes having a few m&ms or smarties as we have here in australia gives you a quick boost......jelly beans or other lollies work well also

Comment

bananas and apples, i would avoid that protein bar man. if you really want it and know it doesnt give you problems then go for it, but often times those premade bars dont use the highest quality protein powder and the impurity can give you gas, esp if ur nervous

Comment

Bananas and apples are good. Maybe some grapes and raisins as well because they are fairly light, and have a lot of fructose? <-- I don't know too many side effects, so check up with someone else before you decide to eat it before a fight.

Also, if you are interested, I have a recipe for this natural energy mix I used to eat before working out. My bro used to eat it before his strenuous swimming exercises in the U.S.S.R.

Comment

I personally stayed away from bananas and protein bars after weighin's because they uses to **** up my stomach. Pre-made shakes that were done earlier that morning were good for me along with some grapes or nuts or possibly a little bit of tuna fish to munch on. Also some water.

But a very big thing for me was to eat and drink slowly. Much slower than you would normally. You might be really hungry but if you eat quickly or even at regular speed it can leave you feeling heavy or it just might go right through you if its a rich meal.

*Forgot to mention this was for wrestling not boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X