No announcement yet.

what do you guys prefer....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys prefer....

standard gym work (sparring, shadowboxing, bagwork, skipping, speed ball, double end bag etc....)

or other branches of boxing training ( all forms of running, strength training.....)

not what you think is more important, (we obviously have to do both otherwise you will be an incomplete fighter) but what you enjoy doing more.....

(oh and i know some gyms do conditioning at the gym also, like weights, running on treadmills at the gym etc....we do...but im talking about what is traditionally referred to as gym work)

I like boxing work more - I enjoy it more.

I look forward to doing the other aspects of boxing (conditioning and strength training) the day before, but, when its crunch time (about 10 minutes before starting these exercises), I get tired as **** and never feel like starting.

Comment

I like all of it, but obviously sparring is most fun, and the very reason to start boxing. Anyone who doesn't prefer that to everything else deep down, probably won't last long as a fighter.

Comment

It is all part of boxing. I love it all. Even roadwork!

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
          I like all of it, but obviously sparring is most fun, and the very reason to start boxing. Anyone who doesn't prefer that to everything else deep down, probably won't last long as a fighter.
          agreed, sparring is the most daunting but fun and rewarding part of training

Comment

In the past I used the speedball and double ended. I dont use them anymore I personally dont get any benefit out of them, I think they suck.

I am training for 6-10 rounds because I cant fight amateur anymore. I do lottsa rounds shadow boxing (with & without weights) and heavy bag work; I practice drills in the mirror, skipping, sit-ups, about 30-40 min weights twice a week, running (not that much at the moment), Not much else.

Havent done much sparring but sparring is the key for me, next week I will get to spar with boxers from other gyms my weight which I am really looking forward to.

I will build up the cardio through running if and when I get a fight lined up.

Comment

i enjoy pretty much everything. theres an ass busting circuit that i do every week, and i pretty much dont like doing that, but i just tell myself that at the end of this 15 minutes i will be a man

Comment

sparring is obviously the best part of training. i like to work the double end bag a lot too.

Comment

yep definately have to say that i enjoy boxing work more. I HATE running. Used to spar like crazy when I'd have a fight.

Comment

maybe my most favorite type of work is coordination exercises specially developed in my system.

i spend more time on that than push ups, sit ups, etc. really, it doesn't take lng to do 100 sit ups anyways.

i also like one-two-three step sparring drills.

Comment

Working...
                    X