No announcement yet.

advice on amatuer boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on amatuer boxing

was good, i been boxing in philly now for about 2 1/2 months. iam 5'6 140 my styles left handed k0 power. i gotta work on my stamina alil more but the owner of the gym approached me and asked me if i wanted to start amatuer boxing" i replied helly ****in yeah " iam just wanderin if it too early too start amatuer fights or not? and when did sum of use first start?

well 2 and a half months of training probably isnt enough, i had my first fight 6 months after i first started but 8-10 months is probably best but it all depends on your progress

Comment

Your style? Left handed ko power? You havn't even had a fight yet.

Comment

yeaaa iam left handed correct iam setting up to be a k0 puncher. u no 1st 2nd 3rd round k0's. believe me i been in about hundred street fights i no what power i have.

Comment

/

well when i had been going about 6 months, i really started to question myself on wen i was going to get my first fight,

i felt i was ready and didnt see anything wrong,

now ive been going almost 2 years and im alomst ready for my first fight, looking back im so glad i waited because ive improved so much since then and i want to keep my record as good as possible,

then longer you train the more advantge your gona have wen u start off fighting oters who havent waited,

still in america ive heard its diffrent and u fight afte rlike 1 month or 2 mothns so its up tou

Comment

Originally posted by The Young Gun View Post
            yeaaa iam left handed correct iam setting up to be a k0 puncher. u no 1st 2nd 3rd round k0's. believe me i been in about hundred street fights i no what power i have.
            Advice: don't start out too cocky on these forums. These posters will be quick to bash you, regardless of how many street fights you've had (because street fights don't mean nothing when it comes to boxing). Good luck with your training.

Comment

ive been training for 3 months and don't intend to fight for another 5 upon the advice of my trainer. our gym has a lot of golden glove medalists in different divisions and a 99% success rate in first fights based on taking our time to develop skills before competing. my advice: keep training another couple of months and spar, spar, spar. Spar friends, guys better, guys who are worse, guys from other gyms (with lighter gloves like 16 oz or 14 oz if they are game). if you're a ko puncher, work on your stamina and box game. you won't be able to ko everybody. if thats your gameplan, youll run into a wall at some point.

what part of philly you from? I grew up in Cheltenham but live in NYC now...

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
                ive been training for 3 months and don't intend to fight for another 5 upon the advice of my trainer. our gym has a lot of golden glove medalists in different divisions and a 99% success rate in first fights based on taking our time to develop skills before competing. my advice: keep training another couple of months and spar, spar, spar. Spar friends, guys better, guys who are worse, guys from other gyms (with lighter gloves like 16 oz or 14 oz if they are game). if you're a ko puncher, work on your stamina and box game. you won't be able to ko everybody. if thats your gameplan, youll run into a wall at some point.

what part of philly you from? I grew up in Cheltenham but live in NYC now...
                what gym u fighting at?? u at gleasons??? cuz im in a gym in queens that is a boxing/MMA gym.. i want to go to a gym that is strictly boxing

Comment

nyboxing on st nicholas and gates. its dope. come one out dude. brotherhood boxing amateur team fights out of there and there are some pros who train their- luis collazo, travis simms, jaidon codrington....

Comment

i see you're in asotria. the gym's in ridgewood (on the border of bushwick, bk). you might wanna find a bus that connects. its off the l train dekalb or myrtle stops or the m train seneca/palmetto stop. sorry for the hijack!

Comment

Working...
                    X