No announcement yet.

new to boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to boxing

orite lads, jus about to start boxing but i want to get into shape first. ive been having a read through the forum etc but wondered if anyone had any tips for getting started. like your diets and training schedules. i tried starting a few weeks back but after i finish work (plastering) im ****ed. cheers

stretch, then jump rope, then shadow, then push ups sit up pull ups etc.

after a few weeks begin with other equipment

Comment

kushty, i started jogging yesterday but still getting over a chest infection so need to get into it slowly like. but could do wiv losing a few lbs

Comment

Do as many crunches as you can every day. Its the one muscle that wont fatgue from daily excercise. do pullups, dips, pushups and run every other day. After a few months, you'll have a good base to start at the gym and be taken seriously.
        As far as diet, go low carbs - high protein. i take vitamins, fish oil (helps break down bad fats) and promotes cardiovascular health, vitamin c, whey protein shakes (after workouts), ripped fuel (not the old kind with efedra- it is now efedra free (since 2004) and is now legal in boxing) before workouts, not to mention the odd power crunch bar or muscle milk here and there.
        My one vice is my morning meal- I cafe americano (two shots of expresso in hot water) with soy milk and a bagel with hummus at a local cafe.
        Other than that its all business. A Salad with pepper, 2 apples, and chicken every night for dinner.
        peanut butter and apples for snacks. Peanut butter has a lot of fat, but its the good fat, so its ok. it is also rich in fiber which is good for weight loss. as long as you are not eating an obscene amount of pb, it is good for you. apples are great too. full of antioxidants and fiber. you burn more calories in digestion than you gain from an apple. sometimes i eat bananas too for potassium and extra energy. i also cut out milk and only drink soy milk which is really good for you.

Comment

cheers mspiegelo apprieciated. am gonna give it a start tomoz after work. ill let u know how its going n that.

Comment

The most important thing in boxing is stamina because once that is gone everything else will follow including power, speed, and good technique. Start running (runners never use the word jogging even though that is what it really is). Once you have stamina you will be ready for everything else.

Comment

Jump rope, running

Comment

Manual labour and boxing do not mix well. Many a top amateur have flopped in pro's because they were ****ed from work. Sounds like you don't have much energy left. I would recommend eating alot of fruit to boost your stamina and energy. Try it. You might like it.

Also, people shoul not worry about getting fit before starting. Just go donw to the boxing club and learn how to box while you get fit. That's what I did and I learned alot along the way in terms of defence.

Comment

ls13? you from leeds mate?

Comment

i am yes mate

Comment

Working...
                    X