No announcement yet.

Sledge swinging onto tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sledge swinging onto tire

Who here does it and how long do you do it for?

If it means anything Pavlik does it at the Iron Man Warehouse nearby where he lives. He basically does all sorts of strong man stuff and has stamina and endurance for days so if I had a big enough tire and a sledge hammer id do it too. I do swing a bat at a heavy bag for as long as I can left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman55 View Post
      If it means anything Pavlik does it at the Iron Man Warehouse nearby where he lives. He basically does all sorts of strong man stuff and has stamina and endurance for days so if I had a big enough tire and a sledge hammer id do it too. I do swing a bat at a heavy bag for as long as I can left and right.
      Maaan, I ****ed my heavybag up with the bat. Aahahahaha.
      I'll stick to the old punching instead hitting with a bat.

Comment

I just started doing it. How long you do it depends on the workout. I recently did this:
        20 second swings (I stand with my feet in a boxing stance, switch to southpaw sometimes)
        10 second rest
        20 second burpees
        10 second rest
        repeated for 10 minutes, honestly I found it too easy so maybe 15 minutes would be better.

You can also try picking a number like 500-1000 swings and go as fast as possible trying to beat your time each time.

Comment

i do it. i usually do it every other day of training and i do a few mins of it
          i do 1 minute each side and then 1 minute alternating each side. do it for 2 rounds and then i flipped the tire for a round. theres other exercises like pushing and pulling the tire but i dont do that type of tire training, yet.

Comment

I do it for like 20 or 30 reps a set; one set each arm and once both arms together (3 sets) and run up and down this ramp behind my gym 5 or 10 times in between each.
            I also wear the 23lb weight vest when I do it.
            You may want to work up to rounds of 3 min straight with suicides for a minute in between.

An old story from the gym I used to go to in Fort Worth is that pro boxer Daniel Zaragoza showed up one day and used the sledgehammer on the tire for 45 min straight. It was one of those jumbo tractor tires and he actually stood on it while swinging.

Comment

i dont use a sledge, but i have this huge dead tree trunk my dad and i pulled up a while back in my backyard, so i take an axe to it, 80 times with each arm...
              to be honest the only reason i started doing it is cuz muhammad ali supposedly did it to prepare for his fight with foreman...
              but so far i can feel the results real well...
              my back is alot more defined and my punches feel stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by cibola4 View Post
                i dont use a sledge, but i have this huge dead tree trunk my dad and i pulled up a while back in my backyard, so i take an axe to it, 80 times with each arm...
                to be honest the only reason i started doing it is cuz muhammad ali supposedly did it to prepare for his fight with foreman...
                but so far i can feel the results real well...
                my back is alot more defined and my punches feel stronger.
                how heavy is the axe?

Comment

**** this gay ****, sounds like bollocks to me. Just play cricket instead. Siwng that heavy bat before the corcky ball puts a hole in your leg!

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Benitez View Post
                    **** this gay ****, sounds like bollocks to me. Just play cricket instead. Siwng that heavy bat before the corcky ball puts a hole in your leg!
                    Nah, it ain't bollocks. I train as old school as most and am pretty cautious about using new **** in my program. I have done my research.

Comment

Working...
                    X