No announcement yet.

Sledge swinging onto tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batista View Post
    Who here does it and how long do you do it for?
    There is a simple equation for these types of exersizes. Go with high intensity for the length of a round. Rest for the length of a rest period for what ever it is. Go for another round. Set a goal of 4 rnds if you can, but keep it intense. What ever you are doing to train for boxing be it the heavy bag or a sledge hammer keep it intense. You will do yourself no favors counting out a certain number of blows. HIt that ****er
    Last edited by KingDosia; 07-10-2008, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshanenas View Post
      how heavy is the axe?
      haha dont get me wrong i am not a behemith
      on 5 11' 165lb.
      and still well undertrained...

but the axe only weighs seven pounds
      but believe me it feels a lot heavier after three sets of eighty with each arm...hahah...
      i might move up weight but

right now...

i can afford a new axe so
      this will do for just for toning and helping me build up my punching muscles for now..

Comment

can't* afford

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
          There is a simple equation for these types of exersizes. Go with high intensity for the length of a round. Rest for the length of a rest period for what ever it is. Go for another round. Set a goal of 4 rnds if you can, but keep it intense. What ever you are doing to train for boxing be it the heavy bag or a sledge hammer keep it intense. You will do yourself no favors counting out a certain number of blows. HIt that ****er
          This ^^^^ is the best advice on the subject so far.

Comment

Years ago I remember seeing the newsreel footage of Jack Dempsey chopping wood. It was all part of the training back in those days. Hitting the tire with a sledge hammer is just a modern variation of old fashioned boxing training.

Comment

i will remember that...
              i really need to get a timer..haha...damn.

Comment

done it few times for jui juitsu! 50 swings each side then flip the tire!
                do it 3 times

Comment

Working...
                X