No announcement yet.

me proper sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Watched each clip twice, it was much better the second time around.
    Pretty good spar, both seemed to get some good work in.
    I really like the fact that the coach is directly supervising and getting you guys to stop when there's stuff to correct.

I noticed the crosses people are giving you a hard time about.
    If you come back with the hook afterwards, leading with the cross to the body's not that bad. Just make sure you're not leaving yourself in bad position after goin to the body.
    You were getting kinda off balance in a lot of your shots.
    You switched stances mid flurry, which is a sign of loss of control.

Most importantly, I think you need work on distance; being patient and not throwing until you're in range. It's something I need to work on as well.

Just noticed that you already pointed out some of the stuff I mentioned, o well.
    Keep it up!
    thx man you keep it up too bro.

Comment

good stuff map u got a nice right hook to the body just watch out XD
      i like throwing that right hook 2 the body like roy jones did with tarver

Comment

by the way i switched stances to showboat lol that wasnt a mistake hehe :P and i see what you lot are saying about my guard at the end of part 4 he did split my guard pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by bluehefner View Post
          good stuff map u got a nice right hook to the body just watch out XD
          i like throwing that right hook 2 the body like roy jones did with tarver
          nice your same wieght and hieght as me but i am 2 years older where you live? lets get a spar going on! WAR!

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
            nice your same wieght and hieght as me but i am 2 years older where you live? lets get a spar going on! WAR!
            i live in texas lol, i wish i recored some sparring videos of me..... but by tomorrow ive been told that am gonna have some sparing videos of me XD am exited !!!! cant wait, its gonna be in DVD format u know how to have them in MB to upload them to youtube?!?!?!?!!?

Comment

actaully quite good.

man one thing thopugh, you have the same problem as me, lunging in to the body and holding my gloves to far apart.

just work on that, im working towards eliminating it and you should to, bad habit that i get away with on slow guys, but not with fast counterpunchers.

but yeah very good you both sparred alright. showed some balls and good aggression. better than shawns bull**** "constructive" sparring haha

Comment

i didnt have time to watch them all, but it looked fast-paced, you seemed confident. i agree that you shouldnt lead with a body shot, but it was still good stuff.
                keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by aussieboxer2320 View Post
                  actaully quite good.

man one thing thopugh, you have the same problem as me, lunging in to the body and holding my gloves to far apart.

just work on that, im working towards eliminating it and you should to, bad habit that i get away with on slow guys, but not with fast counterpunchers.

but yeah very good you both sparred alright. showed some balls and good aggression. better than shawns bull**** "constructive" sparring haha
                  yeh shawn's sparring was bs lol and i am working on it thx.

Comment

Nice!
                    To be honest I expected alot worse judging from your workout videos where you seemed kind of lazy but those sparring sessions were very entertaining to watch and fast paced. Unlike a certain other sparring session posted on this board a few days ago.... you know which one I mean.
                    The jabs deffenately seemed good to me but those body shots were kind of predictable. Also you should maybe throw more left hooks rather than right hooks.
                    Other than I'd have to say keep it up and nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael S View Post
                      Nice!
                      To be honest I expected alot worse judging from your workout videos where you seemed kind of lazy but those sparring sessions were very entertaining to watch and fast paced. Unlike a certain other sparring session posted on this board a few days ago.... you know which one I mean.
                      The jabs deffenately seemed good to me but those body shots were kind of predictable. Also you should maybe throw more left hooks rather than right hooks.
                      Other than I'd have to say keep it up and nice work!
                      cheers man i will work on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X