Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most annoying things people do at your gym....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe my gym just rules, i don't get annoyed as easily as i used to, or maybe all your gyms suck, but no one at my gym does anything annoying. everybody rules. we spar hard. i expect to get hit hard. yeah, sometimes someone will land a shot after the bell or something to that effect. that's not annoying, that's just hard sparring. you can't get mad at hard work.

i don't know. i don't dwell on **** other people do, but i don't think there'd be much to dwell on even if i did.

Comment

• nothing to complain at my gym really, except for one occasion where a kid came in to train with jean shorts, a basketball jersey, and flip flops.

i didnt put too much mind to it at the time but now that i remember, i now think it was a pretty idiotic thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by mkm88414 View Post
        yes true all kinds of crazy ****s out here.

he wasnt really talking to the bag he was fully acting out the pre fight confrontation with an invisible partner off to the side of the bag. he looked his "partner" up and down and started to talking **** to thin air. then he turned his attention to the bag and unleashed his flip flop wearin fury

i try not to judge people... but i just couldnt help thinking he was the biggest loser ever
        haha, surfer rage. did he ever end up getting in the ring?

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
          maybe my gym just rules, i don't get annoyed as easily as i used to, or maybe all your gyms suck, but no one at my gym does anything annoying. everybody rules. we spar hard. i expect to get hit hard. yeah, sometimes someone will land a shot after the bell or something to that effect. that's not annoying, that's just hard sparring. you can't get mad at hard work.

i don't know. i don't dwell on **** other people do, but i don't think there'd be much to dwell on even if i did.
          sounds like a solid gym,

seems as if the farther north you proceed,you not only find more boxing gyms, but they open earlier in the day and close later at night than ones down south, along with housing better trainers & competition.

understand that you are very lucky to be up north, the gyms up there produce better fighters for a reason, and I'm not talking about NYC inparticular but just anywhere except louisiana, the only proper hw we've pumped out (if you could call him proper) was clifford etienne in a very, very long time...

sounds like you DO have a good gym..lucky bastard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormin' Norman View Post
            sounds like a solid gym,

seems as if the farther north you proceed,you not only find more boxing gyms, but they open earlier in the day and close later at night than ones down south, along with housing better trainers & competition.

understand that you are very lucky to be up north, the gyms up there produce better fighters for a reason, and I'm not talking about NYC inparticular but just anywhere except louisiana, the only proper hw we've pumped out (if you could call him proper) was clifford etienne in a very, very long time...

sounds like you DO have a good gym..lucky bastard.
            yeah, everyone is cool. all the pros help out all the ams. everyone helps out each other for that matter. for me going to the gym is a break and an escape from all the bull****, not part of it.

i'm actually going to be in louisiana (new orleans, uptown) for a few days next week. stoked.

Comment

• The AFFLICTION Clothing Douches!

I hate when guys of any size and shape walk around like they are cage fighters just because they work out sometimes and always wear their Affliction shirts!!

Thats why i own 2 "Addiction...Xtreme Steroids" shirts to make fun of these posers. got em at MixedMartialFarts.com. Pretty funny site with abunch of stupid funny MMA videos, pics, shirts etc.

Comment

• Well, at the boxing club I train with at my school, a lot of kids who spar are not very advanced. There are only a few kids who truly know what they're doing when they spar, and a lot of the kids have terrible habits, like not moving their head, being too stationary, leaning back to avoid punches, and kids who spar with smaller people going too hard.

We don't hold back a lot, but the idea of sparring isn't to **** somebody up, it's to get technically better and learn how to become a better fighter. For instance, a kid who's about two inches taller than me, hits pretty hard, sparred a smaller kid with a lot of heart the other day. He has some bad habits, and they're easy to exploit, but if I ever spar him, I just try to work on my defense and put together some combos here and there, because if I went all out, I'd really hurt the kid being that I'm so much bigger than him.

Well, they sparred on Saturday, and the bigger kid didn't hold back, he threw some really hurtful punches, and knocked him down twice. Thing is, the big kid isn't even a bad kid, he's very polite, personable and jokes around, but sometimes he just goes too hard in sparring, and it seemed really out of place to me that he wouldn't know to not throw haymakers against a kid who's much smaller than him.

Comment

• Kids who come down for a week claiming to be there just to spar the best kid in the gym then get beaten up by another kid whos just started like 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• anyone who gives up if, after a week, they aren't the next mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluehefner View Post
                      -i hate new people especially the hoodrat ****s that think they can handle any1 and they end up get ****in OWNED
                      -when new people try to look good and do the roy jones style fight and abuslutly look BAD doing it
                      i must be special

2 of a kind?
                      Last edited by Chr0nic; 11-13-2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X