No announcement yet.

Your Punch Output On The Heavybag.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
    Do you do Body band training.. like you wrap it around your waist and you can't punch unless you suit on ya punches.. they said i had more power than i had been using and this would show me how to do it...

its helped alot.
    I don't think I've ever heard of that?

Comment

hands became a lil numb... i used 16 ounce gloves for it.. so i thinkmy wraps were just too tight..

my trainers wrap my hands before each session.
      My bad.haha. I meant the Golden Gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
        My bad.haha. I meant the Golden Gloves.
        lol.. naa i didnt do it..

i had other bills to take care off like my school loans and food costs...

they wanted an entry fee.. plus gas to drive down to orlando... then the hotel... then food costs and eating while im there.. and i need to get my book renewed which they told me was 40 bucks...

i understand the book but the rest was getting to high and i was like F it.. I'll spend alot on the sunshine states instead.

Comment

lol.. naa i didnt do it..

i had other bills to take care off like my school loans and food costs...

they wanted an entry fee.. plus gas to drive down to orlando... then the hotel... then food costs and eating while im there.. and i need to get my book renewed which they told me was 40 bucks...

i understand the book but the rest was getting to high and i was like F it.. I'll spend alot on the sunshine states instead.
          Times are getting tight, damn economy.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
            Times are getting tight, damn economy.
            yea.. its like $3.95 for reg here...

Comment

I'm 174 ... moving back to 165... got like 45 days left...

The rounds are 3 mins each... and fight rounds are 2 mins.

regardless those are good numbers for me and myself...you guys might be doin better but for my weight i like those numbers.
              Thats damn good especially for your size. Im pretty sure it aint too many other people thats nearly close to that

Comment

it all depends... power shots? cardio burnout? light tapping?

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                  I don't think I've ever heard of that?
                  I've heard and seen that training done before DA1.

Punch Drunk, it's basically resistance bands. I've seen others use cable machines to do the same thing. There's actually a machine they sell now that you wear around your waist, it has cables attached to it with handles and it basically allows you to shadowbox with resistance.

Comment

DA1CATAS,

When using the resistance bands, are you throwing fast explosive punches or slower punches concentrating on technique?

Let me know bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
                      DA1CATAS,

When using the resistance bands, are you throwing fast explosive punches or slower punches concentrating on technique?

Let me know bro?

I throw fast punches... Well as fast as i can go...the bands are so strong and so big that its not easy to keep your fastest speed up...

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      it all depends... power shots? cardio burnout? light tapping?
                      I mixed them up.... like every 4 punches I would throw a power flurrie to the body... jab would have to be the softest punches i was throwing... No itentional light tapping though.

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
                      I've heard and seen that training done before DA1.

Punch Drunk, it's basically resistance bands. I've seen others use cable machines to do the same thing. There's actually a machine they sell now that you wear around your waist, it has cables attached to it with handles and it basically allows you to shadowbox with resistance.

but naaa this was just for your wasit.... its like a huge bungeee around your waist..... and the further you go the harder to keep balance and punch at the same time...

A slight tap could push anyone back..

You'll see in ma motivation episode...

Comment

Working...
                      X