Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anxiety and Nurves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically im in the back waiting for my fight with my ipod in my ears gettin hyped up...and all i think about is every single drop of sweat every minute of grueling training and every hour of sparring is for this time and this is my time!! Its all self confidence recognize your self as a great fighter and youll perform great...

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli_uk View Post
      Thanks alot. You dont know how nice it is to me to get some boosting rather than putting down on this forum.
      THats because some people on here are trying to sound tough instead of helpful. Just keep doing what you're doing my man

Comment

Originally posted by Sven72 View Post
        THats because some people on here are trying to sound tough instead of helpful. Just keep doing what you're doing my man
        Thanks so much

Comment

Look bro, despite all the crap, anxiety / nervousness, whatever, is completely normal and even healthy. Having some anxiety or fear means nothing. You'll define yourself by how you respond to it. Whether you control it or you let it control you, that's the only difference. I've been a cop in the Nations Capital for years. Been through plenty of **** and I'm plenty confident in myself. I still find myself nervous, and scared, in situations. I know the "leg shake" personally. But I take my shakin' legs in and do what needs to be done. You'll be fine. A big part of it is getting in there and getting ****** around a bit and realizing you can take some punishment. Once you get punched hard and figure out you aint gonna die, your confidence goes up. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by fxdwng View Post
            Once you get punched hard and figure out you aint gonna die, your confidence goes up. Have fun.
            Very good point.

Comment

If you read the book 'In the Corner' about the great trainers, you'll see at least one example of a fighter scared ****less who turns in a great, career performance.

Comment

The fighter in the book was so scared he was white as a ghost and the doctor thought he was seriously messed up. Of course, the Doctor didn't know it was a great fighter.

Comment

Working...
                X