Headgear Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headgear Question

Hey guys,

I am looking for a head guard that will offer good visibility, (I am a fast, slick, counter-punching stylist) as this is paramount to my style, i do want optimum protection.

I have little if no fear in a busted lip or black eye, I am however afraid to break my nose or jaw in a sparring session, anything that will affect my face in the long-term, i would rather avoid!

I do not wish to lead you guys in thinking that I am terrified to get hit, as this is not true, I just don't want to take the risk of having a broken nose or jaw unless a trophy (or a record win) is on offer!

I would like a headgear that protects the nose well but still offer good visibility, I think a facesaver head gear is a little over the top and would prefer a traditional style of head gear.

The only headgear I have found 100% good feedback is the Winning Range, I am looking at the FG-2900, but have a few questions:

1. The head gear is made out of artificial leather compared to leather which most of the higher brands' headgear is made out of, is there a reason for this?

2. My head has a circumference of 58 cm, what size headgear would you guys reccommend?

3. Is the headgear easy to put on? Do I need someone to tie it up at the back?

4. When getting hit in the nose does the padding just hit the nose first or does it prevent any nose contact??

This is the head guard in question:

http://www.winning-usa.com/products.html, click on head gear, it's the first one on the left, in red.

Does any one else have any expereince with this head guard?,

How does it compare to the grant professional headguard?:

this is a link to the Grant Pro Guard:

http://www.grantboxing.com/detail.aspx?ID=22624,

Lastly, does anyone know for certain if these two companies deliver to the UK?

thanks,

And for anyone who can help me with any headguard advice, I promise I have some material for you guys that you will love!!!!!
    Last edited by judge_jab; 04-14-2008, 12:01 PM.

get the winning you wont be disapointed!

Comment

how's the visibility, is the artifical leather ok, and how well does it protect the nose,

and lol, is it easy to put on?

Comment

very easy to put on...the material is not a concern in my opinion at all...really good visibility, (in part because once adjusted correctly it does NOT move).

It protects REALLY well overall..but you can still take a hard shot to the nose if your opponent places a shot perfectly.

That being said, I have a medium in black that I've used maybe 5 times. I'm thinking of upgrading to the full facesaver winning...if you'd be interested let me know..

Comment

they both look nice.......but the one with the extra face protection, doesnt stop a bloody nose or anything, in sparring the other day i had my new one on, got a bloody nose after about 7 rounds lol so yeah dont expect absoloute protection cos if a punch is hard enough it will do it

Comment

well also make sure that your headgear is USA approved..(hmm guess u may not b from USA) but anyway..i'm sure all amateur events all over the world require approved headgear..dont waste money if u plan on fighting as an amateur and not get approved headgear as there is a lot of em out there...it will say if it is amateur approved

Comment

Originally posted by 4GvnSnr View Post
              very easy to put on...the material is not a concern in my opinion at all...really good visibility, (in part because once adjusted correctly it does NOT move).

It protects REALLY well overall..but you can still take a hard shot to the nose if your opponent places a shot perfectly.

That being said, I have a medium in black that I've used maybe 5 times. I'm thinking of upgrading to the full facesaver winning...if you'd be interested let me know..
              Hey check your pm

Comment

hi,
                I bought the winning FG-2900 in black L for 171$. It's one of the best headgear of all time!! The headgear is very thick and has a very good protection.

Comment

The FG-2900 looks nice with the built up ears. I think a pro in my gym used to spar with this. You planning on fighting at all, because if you do you have to wear a specific head gear which doesn't offer as much protectiong for you nose.

Just have to keep those hands up.

Comment

Originally posted by laurinsane8 View Post
                    The FG-2900 looks nice with the built up ears. I think a pro in my gym used to spar with this. You planning on fighting at all, because if you do you have to wear a specific head gear which doesn't offer as much protectiong for you nose.

Just have to keep those hands up.
                    http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...-headgear.html

The best visibility you can get.

Comment

Working...
                    X