Running + Throwing up afterwards.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't eat before you run.

Simple.

But if you keep puking make sure you brush your teeth thoroughly. Stomach acid will damage your teeth BADLY. Especially the ones at the back.

Comment

Not to mention your insides!

Comment

Empty stomach or not, it still comes up when it does...Its not every time...it is when i just push myself for a last sprint....

An old trainer of mine said once my body is again used to the workout it will respond better...

And whoever said the three don't mix??? Try it sometime, it is a son of a *****!

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
          Don't eat before you run.

Simple.

But if you keep puking make sure you brush your teeth thoroughly. Stomach acid will damage your teeth BADLY. Especially the ones at the back.
          Dont blame puke for you missing teeth mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
            So what if you're throwing up. Keep doing it. I've done it loads of times. It just means you're pushing yourself to the limit.
            your not built for this.

Comment

Originally posted by sctroderick View Post
              Empty stomach or not, it still comes up when it does...Its not every time...it is when i just push myself for a last sprint....

An old trainer of mine said once my body is again used to the workout it will respond better...

And whoever said the three don't mix??? Try it sometime, it is a son of a *****!
              Running with an empty stomach is bad for you anayway as it will make ya feel light headed if you push yaself that hard but running until ya sick is never good for ya.

Comment

ok puking is the body's way of rejecting whatever conditions have upset it. the solution to this is to change the conditions, ie the amount/how hard you work yourself. you should eat beforehand, but not too much, just beforehand.

Comment

Thanks for the help thus far guys...it will help alot.

One last thought tho....When i jog normally i can do it for hours....so by sprinting and adding more to it, makes me sweat and adds the workout part to it....ive been working out for a while now and just started running, so fitigue is not a problem.....well, obviously it is, but it don't seem like it.

SO in conclusion what i should do is dim it down? and just pace myself so that i dont sweat? that i dont push myself to that limit? If i can do it why not do it? Is this going to help me or make things worse!?

Thanks again.

Comment

id advise spending longer jogging if you can.
                    if not, dont go all out; just do fartlek training
                    in case you are unfamilar with fartlek (swedish for 'speed') it is dynamic training where you run slow, medium, fast, etc. not necessarily in an order; but most people use a cycle.
                    eg.
                    10 mins jog
                    4 mins fast jog
                    1 min spring
                    repeat
                    or
                    5 mins light jog
                    5 mins fast jog
                    1 min walk
                    1 min sprint
                    etc

Comment

Thanks J, ill try it tomorrow morning.....speaking of which...i should sleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X