Who Should I watch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Should I watch?

I am 5'7 and 154lb and 32yrs old.

I have been boxing for just over 12 months and love it.
    I am not overly quick but I am improving. My problem is I have short arms so I have really been working on getting inside. When I am inside I am doing very well.
    My question is what pro's should I watch who are short with a short reach?
    I want to see how they do things so I can pick up some tips.

DMC

Originally posted by DMC View Post

I am not overly quick but I am improving. My problem is I have short arms so I have really been working on getting inside. When I am inside I am doing very well.

DMC
    Everybody likes big fights right? Everybody likes to watch the big heavyweights go at it. So i'm going to suggest someone who is so well known that I don't think people would suggest him...Mike Tyson. There is a reason, Tyson was called "a small heavyweight". He was strong but he was only 5ft 11, (people say he is more like 5ft 10), ~ 218lb with a reach of 71". That's quite short for a heavyweight. The average height of a heavyweight is about 6ft 2-3, so he's short, usually abit lighter and has a much shorter reach yet he managed to demolish people. So why not watch somebody go against the people with, generally, the longest reach with quite a normal reach? Watch somebody who goes against, generally, the tallest being quite normal height? Cus D'mato stressed to Tyson the importance of going in close. Sadly, come the Don King era Tyson became much more of a headhunter. So, give Tyson (the earlier years) a watch, he could come in handy.

Comment

DMC
      Jose Luis Castillo is/was an EXPERT inside fighter. If anything i'd say watch him.

Comment

Thanks guy's I will check them out.

If anyone has other suggestions I would like to hear them.

DMC

Comment

DMC
          Also watch Roberto Duran he was a master inside fighter, and Rocky Marciano for some classic old school inside fighting

Comment

Thanks guy's I will check them out.

If anyone has other suggestions I would like to hear them.

DMC

Comment

Working...
            X