Collapse
No announcement yet.

working the heavy bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Quite a lot more replies over night. Thanks for all the tips, i'll defintely be working on them. I'll just go straight out and ask it though. What's "squared up"?

Comment

Squared up is when your body is more facing your oponnent. You want to be able to see your jab shoulder(Your right in this case) out of the corner of your eye.

Comment

Been working on a few things. I still have a some problems, like bringing my fist to my hip when I throw a hook. Working on it though. Again suggestions, hints, critique please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrBYs0w1LU4

Comment

Hey people chill, all the guy wants is some advice on his skills or technique, he wants to hear it so he can work on it.Dont act like he is useless , that is useless!
          Give the man some tips!

Comment

hey man, thats a lot more like it!

The only thing i can see at the moment is, when you are throwing your left, your chin and head lean backwards, and when you jab, think of your elbow to the body, or in that area, when you return!
            Try to move round the bag as far as possible!

Good job man, and i got to say, you have a lot of guts , asking honestly and showing it on the internet, that says somethin...i think .

Good job!

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you Sam, i can't get to the gym for a couple months yet so i've been doing as much as i can at home. You should try and sucker a friend into working out with you....its tres more fun/harder.

A sweet way to work the bag is go in for 10 seconds and throw as many punches/combos as you can...back off..let a partner go and do the same thing(or just wait another 10 seconds) And keep going for 3 minutes at a time....check it out!

Comment

http://www.everlast.com/canvas-camo-heavy-bag.html
                Thats what he was hitting a 70lb bag :/ so it is like hitting a pillow lol.

Comment

Thanks to those who posted. Still working on getting rid of those bad habits. More advice is appreciated.

Originally posted by sterling View Post
                  http://www.everlast.com/canvas-camo-heavy-bag.html
                  Thats what he was hitting a 70lb bag :/ so it is like hitting a pillow lol.
                  Sort of. What they really mean by "blended filler for excellent shock absorbency and results" is "sand". Making the bottom half very hard.

Comment

IDK if im right because I cant see it all that well, but are you lifting your back foot off the floor when you jab? if you are you wanna keep em on the floor. if you have to you can always shuffle in before jabbing if your too far away

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli_uk View Post
                      IDK if im right because I cant see it all that well, but are you lifting your back foot off the floor when you jab? if you are you wanna keep em on the floor. if you have to you can always shuffle in before jabbing if your too far away
                      I'm simulating sort of what I (think) I would do in real match. I am a fairly stocky guy and i'll probably be fighting guys much taller than me. So I stay out of range then step inside quickly with a jab and work.

Comment

Working...
                      X