Collapse
No announcement yet.

working the heavy bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes sense. Again, thanks for the help.

Comment

I thought that was pretty good actually. As mentioned in previous post I saw your chin go up a few times, watch out for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Patron View Post
        Don't listen to the noobies, a swaying heavy bag isn't necessarily a bad thing. You can work on your movement on a swaying bag and it causes you to reset before throwing your punches... any fool can hit something that doesn't move.
        If you think that video was any good, you're a ****ing scrub. Don't call people 'noobies' (which is just queer as **** anyway) if you are one yourself.

Bring your jab all the way back before you throw it.
        You are throwing your hook so far out it's rediculous.
        Get more space so you can move around the bag.
        TAKE YOUR TIME. You looked like you were on crack.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
          If you think that video was any good, you're a ****ing scrub. Don't call people 'noobies' (which is just queer as **** anyway) if you are one yourself.

Awwww did I hurt someone's feelings? Let me send you an e-hug.

He isn't a world contender but his bag work is indicative of an amateur fighter.

How long does it normally take to get up on your high horse?

Comment

Originally posted by Count Patron View Post
            Don't listen to the noobies, a swaying heavy bag isn't necessarily a bad thing. You can work on your movement on a swaying bag and it causes you to reset before throwing your punches... any fool can hit something that doesn't move.
            well any fool can hit a swinging heavy bag, try a floor to ceiling ball to work on...

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDynamite View Post
              well any fool can hit a swinging heavy bag, try a floor to ceiling ball to work on...
              True, every bag has it's benefits and pitfalls.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDynamite View Post
                AKA a double-end bag? =)

If you want critique, I'll do my best ..

When you jab, you are bringing it back low. Not to mention sometimes when you jab you are raising your elbow to high. I cant see good from the angle but the way your left hand is held almost looks like it is floating, which can lead to a very nasty body shot.

Along with bringing your jab back low, you are doing it as well with your straight left.

You're very squared up, and as a southpaw you'll eat tons of lead rights to the body.

When you are throwing your hook, you are very far away from the bag, and it is extreemly wide. Get closer and tighten your punches up.

If you are trying to work on your technique, then try working on that. You don't have to hit the bag with everything you have. Basically when you are working it, just keep asking yourself questions...

"Where are my hands? When I throw x punch, where is my chin? Am I bringing my jab back or dropping it?"

You get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Domey View Post
                  AKA a double-end bag? =)
                  they're the same thing. people in different areas call them different things. same bag.

Originally posted by kryo View Post

this dude is PISSED

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
                    they're the same thing. people in different areas call them different things. same bag.
                    I realize that. Hence why I said "AKA"... Also Known As

It was also a joke =)

Comment

hey, dude... IM NOT SAYING ITS A BAD THING!!! it's fine ... i just thought that it wasn't a heavy bag.. and now ur talking like if you practise on the heavybag u got no technique or anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X