No announcement yet.

Gatorade, Powerade, Lucozade etc.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatorade, Powerade, Lucozade etc.

When is the best time to take an energy drink in relation to your training?

during and before Id say. Salt and sugar (what you get in those drinks) get absorbed into the blood very quickly.

Comment

i usually eat a protein and starch filled dinner before i head off out to the gym like chicken, potatoes and veg. then i only drink lucozade/powerade a 2-4 times times whilst im there during and after (after to restore energy and let ur muscles recover)

Comment

I have a lucozade before and one for training. Then just a juice drink for after when waiting for the bus or whatever. Too many too often wouldn't give your body as an effective boost.

Comment

anything with electrolytes 30 minutes before and during your workout

Comment

what the hell is lucozade?

anyway you should have at least a cup of the fluid before your workout, and during you should take small sips

Comment

Originally posted by ExecutiveOutlaw View Post
              what the hell is lucozade?

anyway you should have at least a cup of the fluid before your workout, and during you should take small sips
              Lucozade is a popular UK energy drink. It has been around for years so is more popular and readily available than the other brands.

Comment

Lose that ****. Gatorade and Powerade both have high fructose corn syrup. It takes ten minutes of hard crunches or a thousand reps of skipping rope to burn off the calories in one bottle of that garbage. Drink water.

Comment

Fraidycat is right....all these drinks have high amounts of corn syrup...they are good for electrolyte and glyocogen replacement but that is it......they would be beneficial in small quantity as a post workout drink....

Comment

They say on the bottle 250 ml per 15 mins of strenuous exercise

Comment

Working...
                    X