Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrist pain/heavy bag weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all of the help. Do any of you do running in rounds? Like run three minutes hard then walk for a minute for 8 rounds? Is that an effective way to train?

Comment

Originally posted by Soonerfan8149 View Post
      Thanks for all of the help. Do any of you do running in rounds? Like run three minutes hard then walk for a minute for 8 rounds? Is that an effective way to train?
      I firmly believe in windsprints with little to no break. I cant believe Im helping a sooner. I feel dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Soonerfan8149 View Post
        I vary my exercise. Normally I wake up around 6am and go for a long road work run... 4-5 miles. Then later that night maybe 2-3 times a week I will go run sprints at the track, 100M and then go on the grassy part in the middle and do 50M bear crawls and 50M crab crawls, then repeat that around 4 times. Other days I will do rounds on the bag, jump rope, shadow box... I like to keep it mixed up so my body does not fall into a rhythm.

Comment

Two things you do not **** around with in this sport.

1.) Headaches.

2.) Hand pain.

Rest until your wrists get better. (EDIT: Or run, or swim, or shadowbox, or something. Don't hit anything.)

I agree with the above diagnoses; you are probably pushing your punches. A properly-snapped punch will not hurt your wrist. Think about snapping a wet towel. Your punch should smack off the bag like that, and in the same motion it should come back into your guard. Power comes later -- learn how to snap your punches now, and as you do, you will learn how to snap them hard. A hard, snapped punch is devastating.

Watch this guy:

Seriously. He looks like a douche but be patient: he can HIT. Take a lesson in punching from him. His form is as perfect as any I've seen in an instructional video.
          Last edited by fraidycat; 02-11-2008, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post

1.) Headaches.

2.) Hand pain.

Rest until your wrists get better. (EDIT: Or run, or swim, or shadowbox, or something. Don't hit anything.)

I agree with the above diagnoses; you are probably pushing your punches. A properly-snapped punch will not hurt your wrist. Think about snapping a wet towel. Your punch should smack off the bag like that, and in the same motion it should come back into your guard. Power comes later -- learn how to snap your punches now, and as you do, you will learn how to snap them hard. A hard, snapped punch is devastating.

Watch this guy:

Seriously. He looks like a douche but be patient: he can HIT. Take a lesson in punching from him. His form is as perfect as any I've seen in an instructional video.
            i found this guy online awhile ago and was like wow, how many people underestimated this guy and got a serious beating??

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post

1.) Headaches.

2.) Hand pain.

Watch this guy:

My next fight is against a guy like that. Looks like nothing but has a devastating right hand. Sucks because the crowd doesn't understand!

Comment

learn from the pros.. watch how mayweather hits a bag on youtube. very softly with perfect technique. also wrap your hands well or your knuckles will swell up and hurt 24/7 for weeks if you have power

Comment

Originally posted by Count Patron View Post
                  My next fight is against a guy like that. Looks like nothing but has a devastating right hand. Sucks because the crowd doesn't understand!
                  The other Master's guy in my gym has a very similar demeanor. He looks like a six-foot Fraggle but the ****er can hit.

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
                    i found this guy online awhile ago and was like wow, how many people underestimated this guy and got a serious beating??

LOL
                    Agreed, he would be manifestly unpleasant to fight.

Technique, kids. All about the technique.

Comment

Again I thank all of you for your help, I went into the gym tonight with my class and we did circuit training. The bag in there was alot softer so it didnt hurt my wrists as bad, but it still hurt. I think I will take a week off of hitting the bag and see if they heal up. It pisses me off because that was a fun workout. I am just boxing to get in shape, anyone have any other boxing related workouts they would reccommend besides straight up road work?

Comment

Working...
                      X