No announcement yet.

All I Want To Do Is Box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by p4pking_2007 View Post
    Not meaning to sound like I'm hating here becuase I think your a pretty sound guy and has helped a lot of people out on here. But don't ya think its a bit premature if you havn't had an amateur fight yet though? Speak to your trainer and see what he thinks. If your sure about it why not?
    hes 15 or 16... hes definitely young enough to really get a solid ground working... definitely doable

Comment

your serious juan diaz goes to college? man that motivates me alot, What a great inspiration. Ive got the same prob im a boxing freak, ive read so much and seen so many fights, I feel like a historian, and i also shadowbox anywhere, even when im talking about i get carried away about its beauty blabla with friends. But ive always loved combat ^_^, any form, even before exams, i pretend its a fight, and homework is training lol.

Comment

Originally posted by moin126 View Post
        your serious juan diaz goes to college? man that motivates me alot, What a great inspiration. Ive got the same prob im a boxing freak, ive read so much and seen so many fights, I feel like a historian, and i also shadowbox anywhere, even when im talking about i get carried away about its beauty blabla with friends. But ive always loved combat ^_^, any form, even before exams, i pretend its a fight, and homework is training lol.

lol im egsactly the same lol

Comment

/

kk thank you for your advice, i understand all of you, and helped make my mid up,
          thanks everyone who posted

Comment

Originally posted by mightymouse2k View Post
            I'd simply say keep your options open at this early stage of life of your life. I think you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket, if i were you i'd go to college and then put all your free time in boxing and training, build up your amateur fights, discover your strengths and weaknesses in the sport and then and only then think about going fulltime. Such a decision is not easy to make and it requires much support and self discovery. I went through the same thing at your age and i decided to go to university, i can honestly say that to me boxing is a hobby and one i take very seriously but isn't my life. I wish you the best of luck for your upcoming fight and your endeavours. And remember don't get caught up so much in your dreams you forget to think.

P.S. The best way to handle parents is to compromise.
            Good answer, u should be a counselor

Comment

All I want to do is Dance

Comment

Im in the same place as you bro, cept im 21 and have had about 30 fights but that was from when i was 14-17. i quit started partying and have realized how the partying lifestyle does to you. Im the type of person that feels that i have to go all the way with this boxing thing seeing as when im 30 i dont want no regrets when it comes to the things i truely would have liked to do when i was younger. the thing about it was, i was just in the gym 2 months ago, was on my way to a comeback fight (literally 4 weeks froma fight) but i got in a real fight and now have a small break in my hand. Needless to say ima let my **** heal and do this **** all the way. in my head i believe them 3-4 years may have not been the best for my body but i havent been taking blows to the head like alot of the other ams out there. yet they have also been in the gym finely tuning their bodies for the ring.

as for you. you got plenty of time to get comfortable in the ring. (i think of how much i loved being in the ring, jus two months ago and this time off has lead to a bit too much reflection) You seem as though you havent had much work in the gym. Mentally i was ready back then. And thats where it will start. Those guys your training are gonna put you in with are gonna be good as fuk. It takes time, patience and alot of self confidence and sacrifice. I would say just take it slow once you start to get in the gym. But if your really serious when your 17 thats the time to start biting down in the gym. Thats when fighters go open and the big adult tornaments start. Good luck

Comment

community collage!!
                  take a few classes so you can get the required maths and english out of the way.
                  do your boxing and be commited to both,
                  remember just because you didnt do well in the amatures doesnt mean yo cant do well in pros.

Comment

i wish i could box too but i fink im too old to get into it now im 19 and although i've 'taught myself' and if i got into an actual fight id do pretty well using what ive taught myself i feel its too late for me to be a world beater. im at uni now and i just can't balance the work with boxing so i box in my back garden as a hobby. fam follow ur heart if u wanna box let no1 stop you

Comment

Working...
                    X