Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nasty Gym Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did u get punched in the back of the neck???

Comment

Not for nothing but there is nothing funny about this at all to say the least.

What you are describing sounds very much like Staph or MSRA. It is no joking matter and you should be at the Dr. immediately and not training until you find out.

By sparring with something that may be staph you are putting your training partners at risk, as well as you trainers and anyone who may come in contact with the quioment you used. I truly hope you stopped sparring and didnt keep going with staph puss oozing out of your skin.

MSRA is a strain of staph that is resistant to antibiotics. It can be deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by nedcmk1 View Post
        Not for nothing but there is nothing funny about this at all to say the least.

What you are describing sounds very much like Staph or MSRA. It is no joking matter and you should be at the Dr. immediately and not training until you find out.

By sparring with something that may be staph you are putting your training partners at risk, as well as you trainers and anyone who may come in contact with the quioment you used. I truly hope you stopped sparring and didnt keep going with staph puss oozing out of your skin.

MSRA is a strain of staph that is resistant to antibiotics. It can be deadly.
        i was goin to say the same thing,although initially it didnt sound like staph because he says he gets them somtime, in the environment your in it could very easly turn into staph,get it looked at by a doctor and till then keep the wound clean.

Comment

Originally posted by hotbox2316 View Post
          i was goin to say the same thing,although initially it didnt sound like staph because he says he gets them somtime, in the environment your in it could very easly turn into staph,get it looked at by a doctor and till then keep the wound clean.

I agree.... I also caught staph wrestling and it sucked. some people get it and have recurring small infections that will go on and on for a bit before a bad one. But when a bad one comes you will be in some pain, and if it is MSRA it could end your training as well as your training partners training, and in NY several a lot of people have died from it. You should always have anything on your skin checked out before continuing training if you have any thought of the other people you train with.

Just a little taken aback by people taking humor to it.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
            I won't post pics.

But. . . .

I have had a small, hard lump on the back of my neck for about six months. I get these, sometimes. They usually go away. This one turned into a zit, which turned into a major zit -- a big red nasty thing the size of a gumdrop -- right over one of my vertebrae. I got smacked on it last night sparring, and it ****ing EXPLODED.

I will probably need a stitch; the hole is about 1/4" across and it won't stop oozing. I'm going to see a dermatologist tomorrow. Can't get in to see one today.

There's probably a lesson in here somewhere, but I have no idea what it might be. Just wanted to share one of the most disgusting things that's ever happened to me. What a great sport!

I had something like that before when I was 21....I think it was a boyle....I ended up taking chennel locks and popped it myself...there must have been 6 ounces of green stuff that came out of it and shot everywhere....it hurt badly...but then it was gone
            Last edited by Detroit101; 01-09-2008, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Back from the doc. It was just a normal cyst, as is the one on my scalp. He notes, however, that cysts tend to not respond well to blunt force trauma; it can make them inflamed. Go figure.

He suggests that I get the one on my scalp removed if I want to continue to box. I'll have that done in a few weeks. So there it is. FYI.

Comment

Ouch, I had a painful cyst in my shoulder from training but it went away by itself after time.

Comment

gonna say it sounds like a boil which is basically a cyst, cool to know you're allright dude.

Comment

That's ****ing Gross Dude. I Hope The Doctor Helps You. When Your Sparring Partner Punched It, I Hope It Did'nt Squirt On Him. If So He'll Never Get In The Ring With You Again

Comment

wow man. i had a cyst taken out just last friday. had to go under general anasthetic and everything. it blows me away that yours burst.. mine was solid as hell.. the doctor described it to me as something akin to a black head that grows in instead of out. pretty foul stuff. it's the second one ive had out. id suggest you get yours cut out too.. their growth rates can really fluctuate..

Comment

Working...
                      X