Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Training Session 2Nite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I was thinking about that as I reread that. I mean, this guy's a hard puncher, don't get me wrong. I believe he was taking it a little easier. But man, I came out, threw three really good jabs. And then he proceeded to rock me for three rounds. I threw one right hand (I'm right-handed) that got him in the left eye. That was the only really good punch landed the entire time. Gives me hope though. And a headache.

Comment

well its good you stuck through it. did your trainer ever start you with semi sparring? i.e. only right, only left, only stomach, or anything else where you didnt know what was coming? or is this the first time youve ever done anything with out expecting it?

Comment

It's the first time I've ever done anything without expecting it. Tonight was my second night. I still got my ass handed to me but I felt much better. I knew what was coming. I played goalkeeper in college; I've been kicked in the face, stepped on, kneed. I still kind of cringed that first night. I've never done only left, stomach, etc. I'm pretty sure my coach was seeing if I had heart to take a punch, b/c my defense is sketchy. However, I have a hillbilly right hand which I stopped the guy with. He's 5'11" and I'm 6'5". I got extremely lucky.

Comment

Working...
        X