No announcement yet.

Help on stamina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on stamina

I have realize my stamina is weak and i would like to improve it drastically. Can anyone please give me a detailed work out plan to solve this problem

Road Work, Swimming and sparring.

For road work mix it up, one day go for a good solid 4km run. The next day to intervall training as In sprint for 45 seconds then jog for 30 sec then sprint again for 45 seconds then jog for 30 do that for 10-15 minutes. I really like the interval becauses its in the way simulateting like your fighting your moving around coasting then BAM throw alot of punches then again movin around and u have another flurry

With Swiming i've found just straight swimming laps has given me much more endurance for shoulder strength before they used to get hella taxed when throwing alot of punches.

And sparring well...obvious reasons
    Last edited by Kayo; 12-14-2007, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Obviously roadwork is going to be important. But make sure it is consistent, as even skipping a day of your normal routine will ****** your progress.

Also, and this may sound funny, but don't forget to breathe when sparing. You would be surprised how many athletes (even at the professional level) hold their breath during punch exchanges. Remind yourself to breathe naturally through your training and don't hold your breath. You will be surprised at how much it helps your stamina.

Comment

Working...
      X