No announcement yet.

should I look for another gym???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I look for another gym???

well I've been going to this gym for quite awhile now, but it's not exactly what I expected. First off it's mainly an mma gym, and we have like a total of 4-5 mma fighters. Most of them only focus more on grappling & kickboxing and less on boxing. Second, we only have one amateur, and he drops by whenever he feels like it pretty much. Third, the only time worth training there is during the class sessions which are 3x a week, that's the only time all the regulars show up, but there not competitive or on a great level, and every time we spar it's always light. They never want to go harder either. Also, whenever I train during the "off days" as others put it (days there are no boxing classes) there's no one to train with, so I end up just usually doing the usual boxing workout by myself at the gym. Plus the coach never works with anyone, not even the mma guys, unless they got a fight coming up.

Is this the way things are at your gyms??

I train at an MMA gym as well and they too focus alot on grappling and kickboxing but their are WAY more fighters. Also theirs classes 6 days a week and 4-5 times a day. The trainers there eat dream and sleep fighting. Also sometimes we do focus on just boxing because their are people who compete in kickboxing, boxing and grappling. If your coach doesnt work with you that should seal the deal, if your paying them to go to a boxing gym they should be training you.

Find a new gym

Comment

Yeah defently find a new gym at least somewhere that you can spar with fighters around your weight division and a trainer to help you out.

Comment

Working...
      X