• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Squabbles?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolf View Post
      **** Squabbles?
      **** that guy, he can't make my weight class.

Comment

Bumped for ForemanCrossArm

Update: I think I'm going to try and make the ATP tour instead. I just picked up tennis, but I'm dreaming of winning Wimbledon

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
          Bumped for ForemanCrossArm

Update: I think I'm going to try and make the ATP tour instead. I just picked up tennis, but I'm dreaming of winning Wimbledon
          Not funny making fun of ppl's dreams.I know you're being sarcastic but alot of ppl dont. Wrong place to make fun of what ppl want,thats on a serious note.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
            Not funny making fun of ppl's dreams.I know you're being sarcastic but alot of ppl dont. Wrong place to make fun of what ppl want,thats on a serious note.
            Whatever. I see myself as doing them a favor. And they show no respect for boxing. Losers start training at 20 and talk of going pro and becoming champ before they've even had an am fight. That's lack of respect for the sport, for people who trained all their lives just to be amateurs or low-level pros. Only in boxing does this happen. You don't see a kid learn a few piano chords, then claim to be Beethoven. But that's what all these T & N idiots are.

Comment

Whatever. I see myself as doing them a favor. And they show no respect for boxing. Losers start training at 20 and talk of going pro and becoming champ before they've even had an am fight. That's lack of respect for the sport, for people who trained all their lives just to be amateurs or low-level pros. Only in boxing does this happen. You don't see a kid learn a few piano chords, then claim to be Beethoven. But that's what all these T & N idiots are.
              Most ppl have high hopes,you would be thinking negative of yourself if your attitude was opposite. I mean if they think they will make it big you should support them even if you think its pure horse ****. I mean talking down wont change ****,now giving them motivation could lift their spirits.

I admit alot of ppl on here are OVERLY confident but I think thats good. Speaking for myself I just wanna turn pro and make some money and I'll be good. If I never win a world title then so be it. But alot of ppl dont have the little confidence I have. So for the ones that do all I can do is support them because I know how it is in that ring.And when you have that dream of becoming something your work in the gym is at its best. Now that I cant take from them by talking negative.
              Last edited by Verstyle; 12-03-2007, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I understand you. But fighting is a reality; unless you are already world champ, there's always a man nearby who can and will knock you out. I'm teaching some kids to box up here, and this is what I tell them: "A man can put your lights out. The first rule is to have respect; know your opponent, and don't dig yourself a grave. The second rule is protect your chin. Only third do you look to hit."

If they didn't have confidence, they wouldn't want to fight in the first place. But the reality is, overconfidence and chest-puffing gets you killed. If someone wants to learn to fight, that's great. But don't tell me that suddenly you can do it better than anyone in the world.

Comment

I understand you. But fighting is a reality; unless you are already world champ, there's always a man nearby who can and will knock you out. I'm teaching some kids to box up here, and this is what I tell them: "A man can put your lights out. The first rule is to have respect; know your opponent, and don't dig yourself a grave. The second rule is protect your chin. Only third do you look to hit."

If they didn't have confidence, they wouldn't want to fight in the first place. But the reality is, overconfidence and chest-puffing gets you killed. If someone wants to learn to fight, that's great. But don't tell me that suddenly you can do it better than anyone in the world
                  hahaha.What ****y ****er said that? My fear is if I'm ****y I'd be knocked the **** out the next time around and look like an ass.haha

Comment

If they didn't have confidence, they wouldn't want to fight in the first place. But the reality is, overconfidence and chest-puffing gets you killed. If someone wants to learn to fight, that's great. But don't tell me that suddenly you can do it better than anyone in the world.
                    Agree with you on this one.
                    If the little, fragile girls lose any confidence or start to doubt themselfs over something someone on the internet says, then that dream isn't really that strong, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                      hahaha.What ****y ****er said that? My fear is if I'm ****y I'd be knocked the **** out the next time around and look like an ass.haha
                      That's exactly my point. People need to get better, not worry about how good they are. This goes for everything, but especially boxing. For example, Pele says to all soccer players: "never think you are good, that's a trap." In fighting though the stakes are higher, you think that and suddenly you won't be thinking anything. Even Mayweather I bet doesn't really think like this, he just says that for the camera. Deep down I bet he understands better than anybody that he can be KO'd at anytime. Hence he never relaxes his defense.

Originally posted by tyson View Post
                      Agree with you on this one.
                      If the little, fragile girls lose any confidence or start to doubt themselfs over something someone on the internet says, then that dream isn't really that strong, is it?
                      Good point

Comment

Working...
                      X