No announcement yet.

reflexes/reaction time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reflexes/reaction time

hey, just wondering if there's anyway to train and improve my reflexes and reaction time WITHOUT sparring? I know that sparring is the best way, but i really can't afford a gym membership and I dont have any friends into boxing. Is there a way to train for these things just inside my home? or is i pretty much impossible?

Originally posted by axis_d View Post
    hey, just wondering if there's anyway to train and improve my reflexes and reaction time WITHOUT sparring? I know that sparring is the best way, but i really can't afford a gym membership and I dont have any friends into boxing. Is there a way to train for these things just inside my home? or is i pretty much impossible?
    use a speedball or a double end bag.

Comment

Originally posted by axis_d View Post
      yes it is pretty much impossible. to get reflexes and reaction time faster for boxing, u have to BOX. no other way around it, sorry bud...

Comment

maybe shadowboxing

Comment

You wont find too many effective methods to improve your reactions for boxing other than boxing. I suppose you could have people throw stuff at you and you have to dodge it or something?

Yeah, there really isnt a good solution.

Comment

reflexes

basikly ly down and get summ1 to drop a soccerball over your head right on then you move your head right to left while it comes down.

Comment

another way is to tie a string around a tenniss ball with a long string hangin off you can also make a hole in the tennis ball to insert the rope/ string peice then hang the rope and tennis ball sumwhere then tap the ball and when it comes bak to you just roll your head or weave or slide and throw a few punches also move your feet around trust me i do this and it improves speed as well as relfexes and defence

Comment

There are plenty of ways out there that will improve your reaction time and reflexes.
                However for boxing you need to spar. Boxing reflexes are different it's part reflex part movement and part anticipation of you opponent.

But you need to ask yourself why you want to to it, If your not boxing or training at a boxing gym

DMC

Comment

There are a plethora of workout regimen that focuses on improving reaction time to supplement one's sport. However, since we're talking about boxing, a contact sport.... a tennis ball, a double-end bag, does not produce enough force to get your attention. Believe me, a human being coming after you to inflict harm would make anyone react differently compared to anticipating a tennis ball hitting you.

So, it's not only about getting your eyes used to things coming at ya, but being mentally prepared for the blow that may end up slamming against your face. Nothing gets the juices flowing like a fist coming at ya, rather than a double-end bag recoiling. So yes, just like the other posters before me already said,there's nothing like live sparring.

Sorry dude, you either join a gym or find someone who is willing to smack you around while you defend for a good half hour and your eyes will improve, just in case you have to use your reflexes for a real-life situation
                  Last edited by We want Floyd; 10-28-2007, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
                    There are a plethora of workout regimen that focuses on improving reaction time to supplement one's sport. However, since we're talking about boxing, a contact sport.... a tennis ball, a double-end bag, does not produce enough force to get your attention. Believe me, a human being coming after you to inflict harm would make anyone react differently compared to anticipating a tennis ball hitting you.

So, it's not only about getting your eyes used to things coming at ya, but being mentally prepared for the blow that may end up slamming against your face. Nothing gets the juices flowing like a fist coming at ya, rather than a double-end bag recoiling. So yes, just like the other posters before me already said,there's nothing like live sparring.

Sorry dude, you either join a gym or find someone who is willing to smack you around while you defend for a good half hour and your eyes will improve, just in case you have to use your reflexes for a real-life situation
                    Ye thats so true.... your not afraid of being hit by a tennis ball coz u know it wont inflict a lot of damage. but thas a could would of using it as a slip bag i guess?

Comment

Working...
                    X