Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the big deal with Kettlebell training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the big deal with Kettlebell training?

i've long known of kettlebell training. Last night I bought a 35lb Kettlebell. I tried a few movements and its just like lifting weights with a dumbell. sure, there are a few movements that are different from any of the conventional lifts with dumbells, but really, what's up with the hype of this old school equipment? I simply don't get it.

I'm seriously thinkin' of returning it(**** cost me like 45-50 bucks) and just go back to good ole dumbells.
    Last edited by We want Floyd; 10-27-2007, 12:14 AM.

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
    i've long known of kettlebell training. Last night I bought a 35lb Kettlebell. I tried a few movements and its just like lifting weights with a dumbell. sure, there are a few movements that are different from any of the conventional lifts with dumbells, but really, what's up with the hype of this old school equipment? I simply don't get it.

I'm seriously thinkin' of returning it(**** cost me like 45-50 bucks) and just go back to good ole dumbells.
    I rather like using kettlebells, it allows greater flexibility when performing certain exercises. It is ultimately a question of what you find productive to do.

P.S. from looking at your avatar i assume you practice muay thai.

Comment

what are kettle bals

Comment

kettle bells are great for certain exercises and only should be used for those exercises. You can't use them as if they were dumbells or you won't reap the benefits. Look up some exercises for kettle bells and get to it.

Comment

kettlebells ****in' rock! having played with em much but imma get a pair soon.

the thing about KBs is that the weight is positioned in a certain manner that has positive effects on your structure. you will develope great core strength using them.

second, the exercises that go along with using KBs help improve whole body strength which is much more desirable than isolating muscles to athletes.

they are a martial artists best friend. and there are many exercises designed with fighters in mind.

and lastly, not that these are even 1% of the great things one could say, kostya tszyu likes and uses them enough to endorse them.

you would be crazy to send them back. ****, i'll even buy them off you if you really feel the need to get rid of them!

Comment

KBs are teh ****, they train you in a such manner that one exercise does not live a weak link in your body(as opposed to dumbbells and bars where you do body splits that may not affect your whole body). Kettlebell exercises also make your body work in harmony joint-by-joint. All in all they are a very good tool for increasing core strength and making body less injury prone.
            But, if you are into weight lifting it does not mean you should abandon all other exercises in favor of KBs. There is a place for everything.

Comment

Working...
            X