No announcement yet.

pollution and walking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pollution and walking

My new college is about 2 miles from my house, and my boxing gym is 5 minutes from my college. because of my timetable and eqipment i need and meals ect, it doesnt work me staying in college until 6 when boxing starts, so i walk to college and back, and then to boxing and back, which is roughly 8 miles a day. ive read on alot of sites and articles that walking is great for your respiratory system and tones you up, keeps your bodyfat down ect. the problem is however, that most of the roads i walk on are main roads, which means that i spend about 2 hours every day walking up and down relatively busy roads.

my question is, am i doing myself much more harm than good?

i wouldnt ask the question if it wasnt for the fact that ive started getting pains in my lungs, feeling more tired, and my recovery time has got alot worse. what do you guys think? ive missed about 3 boxing sessions now because of these pains in the last 2 weeks and feel like going to bed now instead of training tbh

try not walking for a while and jus drive and see if that helps. certainly polluted air and smog and **** can affect ur lungs...

Comment

Stop breathing.

haha j/k!. Isn't there a less polluted route you could take? Perhaps get a map out?

Comment

Working...
      X