No announcement yet.

losing for a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing for a fight

im not a boxer but i am trying to lose weight. currently i do cardio and lift weights, i have a strict diet that is working but i was wondering if i could "jum start" this weight lose program. i know that boxers have a strict diet and then run alot!!! to lose weight for their fights.

my question is if you continue to eat right and stay fit does all that weight stay off or is it a short term lose to make weight and comes back after the fight?

Originally posted by porterglennmbi View Post
    im not a boxer but i am trying to lose weight. currently i do cardio and lift weights, i have a strict diet that is working but i was wondering if i could "jum start" this weight lose program. i know that boxers have a strict diet and then run alot!!! to lose weight for their fights.

my question is if you continue to eat right and stay fit does all that weight stay off or is it a short term lose to make weight and comes back after the fight?
    that depends if ur jus makin weight. if ur makin weight for a fight yea u shed it off and then it comes back the next day. if ur dieting it will stay off

Comment

Gain as much weight as you can and then cut it off before the fight.

You know, body water loss......

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolf View Post
        Gain as much weight as you can and then cut it off before the fight.

You know, body water loss......
        what the ****........

are you serious?? why would u tell him to gain as much weight as he can then drastically cut before the fight. u know thats not healthy right?

Comment

Its not really unhealthy if you do it right.

I lost 15 before. It sucks but you do what you need to do.

I may have miss read the original post. Youre not a boxer you just want to lose weight.

My apologies. You'll just need to do your cardio. Take up boxing. Almost every aspect in boxing will positively affect you both in cardio and muscle build.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolf View Post
            Its not really unhealthy if you do it right.

I lost 15 before. It sucks but you do what you need to do.

I may have miss read the original post. Youre not a boxer you just want to lose weight.

My apologies. You'll just need to do your cardio. Take up boxing. Almost every aspect in boxing will positively affect you both in cardio and muscle build.
            couldnt agree more!!

Comment

Working...
            X