No announcement yet.

How fast did boxing get you in shape?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast did boxing get you in shape?

• How long did it take you and when did you start.
    • What are some things you can do now that you werent able to before you started training to box?
    • Did you lose weight doing it?
    • Compared to before hows the way your your body changed?

Just on the first two weeks of doing this I notice an increase in endurance and my legs are geting real hard. SO are my arms.

Once you have a goal... like a fight coming up. It suprising how hard you work.

its very inspiring the idea of an upcoming fight and a potential painful beating.

Comment

I went from above average shape... which most boys my age were, to probably the most well conditioned person out of anyone I knew.

I lost weight immediately and put it on in muscle mass a couple of months later... so it evened out. However my muscle mass percentage and body fat percentages changed radically.

I would say, out of all my friends I could run the longest, punch the hardest and fight the most skillfully now.

Comment

Originally posted by Exige Jr View Post
        I went from above average shape... which most boys my age were, to probably the most well conditioned person out of anyone I knew.

I lost weight immediately and put it on in muscle mass a couple of months later... so it evened out. However my muscle mass percentage and body fat percentages changed radically.

I would say, out of all my friends I could run the longest, punch the hardest and fight the most skillfully now.
        Sounds good to me I gotta keep working at it.

Comment

took me about 3 months to get into shape then i took a month of then was sluggish for around a month so im back in shape again lol.

Comment

Ridiculous Question...

But only because people train at different levels.

Comment

I was in shape before boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                I was in shape before boxing.
                me too. i have been in shape my whole life. i was on the basketball team in 6th grade and have been in shape ever since. i never let myself get fat or out of shape.

Comment

Yeah boxing has transformwed me now, i went from a more endurance build to an athletic build. Defently noticed the difference in my shoulders and my calves are a bit more defined. But mostly my abs, getting those obliques on the sides busting out now, and the six pack is becoming more and more defined. Couldn't think about life without boxing now.

Comment

i was in pretty good shape from hockey before i started but after about 2-3 weeks training inoticed everything was getting more detailed and i was lossing weight but had greater detail in my body and felt awsome

Comment

Working...
                    X