No announcement yet.

How is my workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is my workout

This is the workout that I've been doing for a while now. Once I return to the U.S. I am hoping that I will be able to box should time and other commitments allow me to. Anyhow, this is the workout that I've been keeping to as of late.

Running: every other day, I'll do 4 miles on the track. On the days that I don't run the track, I run 2 miles on the tread mill at about a 7 min. 30 sec. pace (7:30 per mile). Afterwards, I'll do a 3rd mile sprinting at a 6:00 pace for a minute and then jogging at the 7:30 pace.

Heavy Bag: I do 10 3 min. rounds on the heavy bag and do 30 pushups between each round during the break. These are military standard pushups, all the way down and all the way up. I mention that because I've seen a lot of guys go neither all the way down or up but just kinda bounce in between and call it legit.

Situps: These were a little bit difficult for me at the beginning of the year. I started off doing only 200 a day back in January but currently I do 600 situps every other day.

I know this isn't much, but where I am right now I can't really do much else like hitting mits or spar etc. Just let me know what you believe can be added and/or improved upon.

As far as my diet, lately, I only eat two meals a day. I'm a sugar fiend but I've gotten that under control as of late, for the most part. If I eat breakfast, it's usually hashbrowns, peaches (or whatever other fruit they serve), cereals and juice.
    If it's lunch or dinner chow, then I'll eat soups with muffins, vegetables, and drink some water or juice. Every now and again I have some soda, but I leave soda's alone mostly.

looks good to me man. u can certainly add in jump ropin if u have a rope. with limited equipment, it looks like a pretty tough workout. if u want more intensity, run every day...

also, u can do situps everyday, if u have the work capacity, and DONT neglect shadowboxing. should be done daily imo.

if ur a beginner, it looks like a real good workout, it will get u in shape for when u come back home and go to the gym.

try to get ur diet more in order though if u can. i know its probly tough if theres not many food choices, but u gotta try...

Comment

2 meals a day? where is it that you are a POW camp?

that workouts intense but remember to keep switching things up with new exercises to stop you workout getting stale and boring.

something that I swear by and all my mates seem to find very funny is the cheapest piece of workout eqipment you will ever use. get a long piece of string and tie knots in it, at the end and at the same place. eventually after 5 to 10 knots depending on how big you want your target youll have a big mass of knots at the end of your string. hang the string using tape or glue or blu-tac or whatever by somewhere you can have space to move around, and make sure its about eye level with you. this innocent looking piece of string will attract abuse from your friends but its deceptively good. because of the size of what your hitting it improves accuracy (which i think is hugely neglected in boxing training), and it provides a target that moves erratically when hit, so is hard to anticipate. its kind of a mix between shadowboxing and bag work. I like to use it to slip around and dodge and weave, because sadly I nor my gym have a slip bag

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'll def. put it to use.

Comment

Working...
        X