No announcement yet.

Good Eats: HEALTHY FOODS LIST.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zach53088 View Post
    Screw pasta! It takes too much to fill you up. And one serving is half cup. Wich is nothing. It takes so much of it to fill you. And it has so many carbs that most of i will turn to fat. So eat up on your pasta if ou wana pack on teh pounds.
    pasta has as many carbs per serving as brown rice, and the half cup serving is fine if u eat with some chicken or fish and steamed veggies and a fruit. jus dont make pasta a meal by itself. and even then, the carbs aren't jus gonna go "poof" and turn to fat. it is a process...

Comment

key is moderation i think.

Plenty of people eat a lot of pasta and arent fat.

Its those who sit down to a bowl of a 1lb package of pasta in a cream sauce. and the like. anything in excess will most likely make you fat. except veggies. I think you could eat 10lbs a day and not get fat, lol.

Comment

I only tacked rice onto the list because, in the case of whole-grain rice, it is closest to what comes out of the rice fields when compared to bread-to-wheat, pasta-to-wheat. there is much more processing there..

i'll split the list up once it grows larger (meats, vegs, nuts, etc..). feel free to add one or two bullet points as to why the food is good for you, too. trying to make an actual list so we don't have to see "what about this diet?" threads thrice daily..

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
          You guys are true Champions if you can follow that diet plan at this level in your Careers...

I follow no plan... I've tried and couldn't do it.. I find it easier to just train a whole lot more.

But if your making weight.. heres what I do after 6 instead of eating a bunch of stuff.

Plain ICE POPS.. cherry grape and so on... kool-aid They work well at giving you something to eat and not gaining.

I eat about 15+ a night and still lose my 2 pounds by the morning.

I've made weight each time.
          im exactly like you man..i follow no plan..i eat whatever but only a little bit especially if its sugary and bad for you..and i eat those ice pops as well..only about 50 calores in each pop..there addicting

Comment

I do the normal veggies, fruits, and protein thing... but at times I'll get a BAD craving that I just can't shake. At those times I'll run an extra 2 miles and do an extra 2-300 crunches and at 100-200 pushups.

Btw! For those of you who need SOMETHING with a lil taste in it...
            Mustard
            is really not bad for you. You can't slop it on, but if you check it out it's low in carbs, calories, and fat. You can even find brands of honey mustard that aren't gonna kill your diet.

Whole wheat waffles are good for the morning. Easy and good enough to eat plain.

Comment

Good foods are dependent on what diet i mean nutritional program you are on!

Low carb , mod fat, high protein ?

Mod protein, low fat, high carb ?

40/40/20

Cyclical Ketogenic

Targeted Ketogenic

Any food that combines high amounts of carbs, especially sugars and fat together are bad on any diet

Comment

Originally posted by nedcmk1 View Post
                key is moderation i think.

Plenty of people eat a lot of pasta and arent fat.

Its those who sit down to a bowl of a 1lb package of pasta in a cream sauce. and the like. anything in excess will most likely make you fat. except veggies. I think you could eat 10lbs a day and not get fat, lol.
                Yeah well thats why I said. If you eat just a pasta meal then your gunna wind up geting some fat if you do that everyday. Personally I like foods that are high in macronutrients and keep me full. Id rather eat a plate of brocoli than a bowl of pasta but thats just me. I like how plain bland fresh foods taste.

Comment

I like how food with high water concentration tastes for some reason.. I really do like pasta and rice but veggies with water are way better and just as filling.

Comment

If you're gonna eat pasta eat it early on so you can use the carbs for energy when training. this list is good, my diet mostly consists of...

Egg whites
                    Oats
                    Lean Chicken
                    Lean Turkey
                    Tuna
                    Almands
                    Apples
                    Banana's
                    Occasional pasta (not much)
                    Steamed Veg

and most importantly

WATER