No announcement yet.

Is boxing worth the strength loss??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golden-Gloves View Post
    So, you tell me, which is more important to you..

1) Being strong, looking badass

2) Or actually being a badass, able to knock out people 2 times bigger then you, who are actually body builders
    What makes you think that you have to choose?

EDIT: I am not trying to be an *******; I really want to know why you think you have to choose between being strong, looking badass, and being able to K people TFO. Lift (not bodybuild -- strength train) AND box, and you can do all of the above.
    Last edited by fraidycat; 09-13-2007, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Roy Jones and Wlad are great examples of what a boxer can look like, but they def have great genetics...

And it is true, a girl will go after a Roy Jones and a Wlad rather than some guy from WWF.

And for stregth........its all relative.

Just cause you lift a lot dont mean you can punch as hard.

Weight lifting is for "I lift furniture, refrigirators and 52" TVs" strength.

Comment

Started boxing last November. Before last November I was lifting weights 4-5 days a week for a couple years. After November maybe 3-6 times a month. I only lost 5 pounds in my incline dumbell press. I did however lose 110 pounds in my hammer strength decline press. I curl just slightly less. The losses are so small compared to the gains. Im so much faster, more agile, way more stamina and endurance and now have explosive power.

My favorite saying is one from LL Cool J. "Ill take a muscle bound punk and put his face in the sand". And that's how I feel everyday. I'll chop a muscle bound fool down with no hesitation. Chop Chop MF.

Comment

Originally posted by rellik13 View Post
          Started boxing last November. Before last November I was lifting weights 4-5 days a week for a couple years. After November maybe 3-6 times a month. I only lost 5 pounds in my incline dumbell press. I did however lose 110 pounds in my hammer strength decline press. I curl just slightly less. The losses are so small compared to the gains. Im so much faster, more agile, way more stamina and endurance and now have explosive power.

My favorite saying is one from LL Cool J. "Ill take a muscle bound punk and put his face in the sand". And that's how I feel everyday. I'll chop a muscle bound fool down with no hesitation. Chop Chop MF.
          thats how i feel as well, and my attitude reflects it. i'm not an ******* or anything, but usually, people know who **** with and not **** with by the look in their eye, and i havent been ****ed with since elementary school.... and its all thanks to the sweet science!!

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
            What makes you think that you have to choose?

EDIT: I am not trying to be an *******; I really want to know why you think you have to choose between being strong, looking badass, and being able to K people TFO. Lift (not bodybuild -- strength train) AND box, and you can do all of the above.
            your taking it into the wrong content, if you were smart enough to read my post thoroughly, I was referring to body builders - spar with headgear on bud

the title of the thread is "is boxing worth the strength loss" - so assuming he doesnt do any other cardio type sport, Mma, Kung Fu ect - I'm assuming hes lifting weights, body building, therefor my statements were based on, bodybuilder vs. boxer

so in theory, the discussion would be about body building vs. boxing - of course, any boxer can look great, have a low body fat percentage, and decent amount of muscle, but plan to workout every single day for it, it wont come to some average joe who works out 2-3x a week

Comment

Working...
            X