No announcement yet.

Thinking about MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about MMA

Well ive been boxing since March and now i have gotten really interested in MMA and have been watching a lot of UFC, now i kno alot of you people dont like MMA but for the people who have done it or currently doing it, do you guys like it? I have some experience in Tae Kwon Do i dont kno if that'll do much but it taught me the basic kicks and everything and my striking shouldnt be that bad.

I trained at Renzo's for awhile.

You ont just go "train MMA at most places" some places though. Your boxing will help a lil bit.

What you need to do immediately is join a BJJ gym and start from there. You are going to need a good grappling base.

Have you ever wrestled?

Where do you live?

Comment

it is much much easier to turn pro in MMA than boxing since it is such a small sport.

You'll have an esy time if you live in a state that embraces MMA like some in midwest, nj, ect...

Comment

I actually havent wrestled before, i live in Connecticut and theres a place near my town where they teach MMA, but the thing is im only 17 so i figured i can train my grappling and wrestling there uintil i turn 18 in which i can fight then

Comment

I believe Igor and Gregor Gracie have an academy in conn. It is well worth checking out. I got to train with Igor while i was ta Renzos and he is awesome, great teacher.

Comment

your best bet....... www.ctmma.com

www.bestwayjiujitsu.com

www.savagefighter.com

Comment

not to discourage you, 1 yr of wrestling/grappling experience is not even close to cutting it, and if you just started boxing in march you have a lot of work to do.

grappling competition is a great precursor to MMA comp. there are a lot of Grapplers Quest events that wherever you train will be traveling too. the matches are hard, and the comp is tough. it is a good way to begin testing the waters.

alot.

Comment

thanx alot guys

Comment

I found it....

you wont be able to find better BJJ instruction in CT, I garuntee it.

http://www.graciect.com/

Comment

I train at an MMA gym where i take Muay Thai, but in simpler terms Thai Kickboxing. It also offers BJJ classes. and then MMA classes with the two put together (duhhh).

I did standard boxing for 4 months but decided to switch to Muay Thai since the gym was closer. I personaly think its alot of fun learning new ways to strike besides your fists. If you plan on doing MMA i suggest you switch to a martial art like Muay Thai so you can learn how to kick, and you'll also need to to pick up some BJJ as well. I know alot of people who compete in MMA are great wrestlers so its something your going to have to take into account that if you dont make a huge effort to pick up your ground game your going to get raped.

Comment

Working...
                    X