No announcement yet.

What weight heavy bags you guys use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What weight heavy bags you guys use?

What do you guys use and whats your weight? Im going to by one for my house but dont know what size to get, i weigh 170lb

ha I'm in the 180 range and i'm using a bag as heavy as me.. it's in OU's gym (the huff center) and it's basically made to break people's wrists before it breaks (and they have to replace it, they don't have to pay for people's ****ed up hands, ha).

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanCrossArm View Post
      ha I'm in the 180 range and i'm using a bag as heavy as me.. it's in OU's gym (the huff center) and it's basically made to break people's wrists before it breaks (and they have to replace it, they don't have to pay for people's ****ed up hands, ha).
      If your 200 ibs, should you use a 200 ibs. bag???

Comment

Originally posted by ~*ThePuncher*~ View Post
        If your 200 ibs, should you use a 200 ibs. bag???
        Only if you can hit hard enough.I have guys at my gym that can barely hit the 150lb Everlast Leather bag around,and their in their 200's. Size doesnt have equal insane power.

Comment

I weight 165lbs and I use the 150lb bag.It works really well for my size and I know for a fact is 150lbs cause its in the catalog.Most bags arnt over 150lbs unless you make it yourself.

Comment

the temptatiopn with excessively heavy bags is to throw everthing behind every punch. i have a 60kg bag and sometimes i wish i still had my 30kg i feel i could get more snap behind my punches with that one.

Comment

Would it work if i got a 100lb bag?Ne1 ever have problems with one taht size

Comment

I use an 85 pound bag but its more for movement and speed than power shots

Comment

while i was at a friends place we were working out a little and sparring and such while i was using his Century 70lb bag i found it really weird it was rather soft and obsorbed my punches and acully made it really frustrating to work on movement when every time u land a right hand the bag bend but doesnt move
                  im currnetly using a 100lb everlast bag

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Boxer View Post
                    while i was at a friends place we were working out a little and sparring and such while i was using his Century 70lb bag i found it really weird it was rather soft and obsorbed my punches and acully made it really frustrating to work on movement when every time u land a right hand the bag bend but doesnt move
                    im currnetly using a 100lb everlast bag
                    With bags like that it might give some ppl the impression that they can hit hard.Until they get a real heavybag and get discouraged when hitting.

Comment

Working...
                    X