No announcement yet.

Internet lessons?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet lessons?!

So I was really restless last night and decided to work on my basics (jab, cross, uppercut, hook, straight). It was too late to go to the gym and I had the feeling I might be developing some bad habits in my punching line. Check out what I stumbled across: http://www.youtube.com/user/TableClothMan

This dude really knows his stuff. His jab/cross vid really had some good pointers in it. Some of you guys probably already know this stuff, but for a beginner like me that's still trying to grasp all this weight shifting-keep your hands up-1 2 1 stuff it really helped out a lot. Enjoy! And don't be fooled by how skinny the dude is... he's got some good moves.

Proof that a good punch is like a good golf swing; this guy's body mechanics are amazing.

These vids should be recommended to everybody who thinks that big fratboy muscles and steroids are necessary to be a good boxer.

Comment

I agree! He's got amazing technique.

Comment

I agree hes got good technique but damn, the guys gonna have no hands left by the time hes 50 if he keeps smackin that bag like that with nothing on his hands lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
          Proof that a good punch is like a good golf swing; this guy's body mechanics are amazing.

These vids should be recommended to everybody who thinks that big fratboy muscles and steroids are necessary to be a good boxer.
          At least with the big muslces you look good as well as hit good lol.
          I know what you mean, people think cause your muscle bound you hit hard, its not the case.

Comment

damn. dude knows his ****. i read on some of his comments on youtube he doesnt compete or anything, he jus teaches people boxing. he looks like a young kid but looks like he has alot of experience in the art. nice vids, good body mechanics, good form.

good find One More.

Comment

did anyone watch his defence tips movie? he was hitting this wooden thing in places where it looks like he has put sheet metal on there. He is going to be sorry he never wore gloves or anything when he's older, no one in his family's ever had arthritis obviously or he'd be wearing every protection hes got. But other than that his punches are real quick and smooth.

Comment

He said that he studies Jeet Kun Do. That's Bruce Lee's signature "style". I once bought a book called "The Tao of Jeet Kun Do" for my buddy and read a lil bit. It's really in depth and precise on strikes and defending. Bruce Lee has an amazing outlook on fighting. I bet even boxers could learn a few things from him.

Comment

Working...
                X