No announcement yet.

The best division for me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best division for me?

I'm about 6'1" tall, and around 185-190 lbs. I am not particulary in fighting shape, as I have a lot of fat to lose around my stomache region, and in general. I have been eating badly lately, and have not been excercising nearly as much as I should be.

I'm going to start hitting the bag everyday, and I already run about 1.5 miles every day, in the heat.

As far as my division goes, I leave for Basic Training on September 18th, so after Basic Training I will probably lose tons of fat and gain back lots of muscle. I will probably be in shape, fit, and at about 175 lbs. Now at 175 lbs. I could be a healthy, strong, light heavy weight, but I'm not sure. I am pretty quick, so I would have an advantage at gaining muscle weight and fighting as a heavyweight, or losing some and getting down to a middleweight.

I basically have 3 divisions to choose from. I think my strongest point would be light heavyweight due to my size, speed, and power, but what do you guys think?

I agree with whatever your trainer says ;-)

Comment

Its the ams....train hard eat right and see where your weight takes you when your ready to fight

Comment

Im 6ft. and am going to fight at a completely shredded 165 I think my reach is going to be a very good adavantage for my first fight.And suspringly i dont look as skinny as you would think more like Bernard Hopkins at 160.

Comment

wtf your taller than me now remember you just to like 5.9 and 150lbs.

anyway, eat healthy and train hard as the other ones said, youl develop to your right weightclass.

qrf soldier tollefsen

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
            wtf your taller than me now remember you just to like 5.9 and 150lbs.

anyway, eat healthy and train hard as the other ones said, youl develop to your right weightclass.

qrf soldier tollefsen
            yeah I sprung up, I used to be about 5'9" 155 lbs. when I first started posting here but I got bigger since 2004.

Comment

yea i think middleweight would be good for you, just depends on your style, if your a hooker then light heavy or higer, but if u work off your jab like me middleweight would be best.

Comment

Originally posted by samoram View Post
                yea i think middleweight would be good for you, just depends on your style, if your a hooker then light heavy or higer, but if u work off your jab like me middleweight would be best.
                I usually get inside with my jab, but am more of a hook thrower when on the outside. I usually throw hooks though, moving inside when it is needed.

Comment

Working...
                X