Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me shed the pounds propperly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me shed the pounds propperly?

Hi, when i first started boxing 2 years ago i came into the gym around 19 stone (266 pounds), and being 6 foot 1 you can figure out that i was really really fat and never did any exersize.

Since then i have lost 6 stone of fat (84 pounds), put on a stone of musscle (14 pounds) and now my weight is 14 stone (196 pounds). I go to the boxing gym 2-3 times a week and do lots of road work (i run 8 miles twice a week), so now i very very fit and healthy.

But i should have been compeeting around 6 months ago but because i am too short to be a crusier weight my coach wont let me fight, so i need to get down to middle weight 11 stone 12 (166 pounds), i would be happy too fight at light heavy weight 13 stone (182 pounds), and would be healthy and strong at the weight too.

But my coach believes that i would be just a bit too short at light heavy weight too, it would be ok if i was a "in" fighter like hatton or castillo for example, i could easily get under the other boxers jab and do my work, but thats not my style, im a counter puncher that works best at long range, say for example kostya tyzu (im not saying im anywhere near as good as him, just have a smilliar way of boxing), and at middle weight i would be a BIG middlewight with all the advantages that best suit my style.

So i need to get to middleweight to fight, and being a wide frame 6 foot 1 natually musclely person most people think i cant make the middle weight limit without makeing myself unwell in the process, i generally eat healthy these days but im no exspert, so if anyone can recomend certain foods or certain amounts and how much running i should do to make the middle weight limit without makeing myself unwell in the process, i will be most greatful.

thank sam.

p.s. look out for witter to KO harris!

Originally posted by samoram View Post
    Hi, when i first started boxing 2 years ago i came into the gym around 19 stone (266 pounds), and being 6 foot 1 you can figure out that i was really really fat and never did any exersize.

Since then i have lost 6 stone of fat (84 pounds), put on a stone of musscle (14 pounds) and now my weight is 14 stone (196 pounds). I go to the boxing gym 2-3 times a week and do lots of road work (i run 8 miles twice a week), so now i very very fit and healthy.

But i should have been compeeting around 6 months ago but because i am too short to be a crusier weight my coach wont let me fight, so i need to get down to middle weight 11 stone 12 (166 pounds), i would be happy too fight at light heavy weight 13 stone (182 pounds), and would be healthy and strong at the weight too.

But my coach believes that i would be just a bit too short at light heavy weight too, it would be ok if i was a "in" fighter like hatton or castillo for example, i could easily get under the other boxers jab and do my work, but thats not my style, im a counter puncher that works best at long range, say for example kostya tyzu (im not saying im anywhere near as good as him, just have a smilliar way of boxing), and at middle weight i would be a BIG middlewight with all the advantages that best suit my style.

So i need to get to middleweight to fight, and being a wide frame 6 foot 1 natually musclely person most people think i cant make the middle weight limit without makeing myself unwell in the process, i generally eat healthy these days but im no exspert, so if anyone can recomend certain foods or certain amounts and how much running i should do to make the middle weight limit without makeing myself unwell in the process, i will be most greatful.

thank sam.

p.s. look out for witter to KO harris!

The roadwork you're doing sounds really good. What exactly are you eating, and how much?

I'm suprised to hear that your coach thinks 6'1" is "too short" for light heavy.

Comment

www.johnberardi.com is great diet info.

Also maybe try Interval training instead of roadwork. There is a workout called Taku's intervals. You are Garunteed yo shed pounds fast doing it. Go to www.trainforstrength.com and under workouts see Taku's intervals.

Comment

thats ridiculious that your coach said you were too short for cruiser. Is david Tua to short for heavy? was tyson? You can lose the weight by eating 5 small meals a day consisting veges and low fat proteins with some fruit and oatmeal in the morning. I would recommend a few miles in the morning when you first wake up on an empty stomach as well. Make sure you get enough protein though. You do not want to be a "weak" 175 or so.

Comment

Yeah you sound like you could comprimise a lot of strength if you dropped to middleweight, but it is up to you. Simply less calories taken in than put out while eating healthily and you will lose weight, also getting your metabolism going is important, try doing some exercise before your breakfast and dinner meals so no energy if left dormant during rest at night and during the day (especially if you have a desk job).

Comment

The best middleweights are 6ft. tall (ex.Hopkins,Taylor,Pavlik) if you have a large frame like me believe me its hard to maintain 165 and not get muscularly bigger.But if u can I would atleast try to cut down to 165 and if u dont like fighting at that weight building back up shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

If your an Amateur you need to get that first fight over with. There might be other reasons your Coach won't let you fight. You've done good training for 2 years. "Gut check Time"
              Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
                thats ridiculious that your coach said you were too short for cruiser. Is david Tua to short for heavy? was tyson? You can lose the weight by eating 5 small meals a day consisting veges and low fat proteins with some fruit and oatmeal in the morning. I would recommend a few miles in the morning when you first wake up on an empty stomach as well. Make sure you get enough protein though. You do not want to be a "weak" 175 or so.
                X2 agreed with everything, and just cut down on all high sugared treats like soda and candy and you will slim down pretty quick and you shouldnt be weak

Comment

Working...
                X