No announcement yet.

Suggestions to stop cramping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions to stop cramping

I know I post a lot of **** on here but you guys really do offer good advice and I need all that I can get to not suck. Anyhow, it seems as if every time I work the mitts with my trainer I cramp up. Now I take about 2 sips of water between rounds but it's almost as if it's too much. It sucks cause I get ****in' thirsty training in 80 degree weather with nasty humidity and every time I have a little water it cramps me up. I haven't cramped up while sparring but sometimes worry I might. I really just tend to gas out when sparring. How much water do you guys drink in between rounds? Is there anything else you guys do that allows you to go without water? Help a brosef out!

I train till Im thirsty then when I become thirsty I have a drink during the next break either it be working the mitts,bag or sparring.Dehydration can be told by the color of your urine although many factors may obscure this test.Research hydration and cramping on google its as easy as that.

Comment

Originally posted by floydfan View Post
      I train till Im thirsty then when I become thirsty I have a drink during the next break either it be working the mitts,bag or sparring.Dehydration can be told by the color of your urine although many factors may obscure this test.Research hydration and cramping on google its as easy as that.
      I took your advice and I think anyone who boxes on here could benefit from what I found. Here are two links that may help with your training if you don't already know/do it.

Part 1: http://www.gncproperformance.com/art...?id=48&lang=en

Part 2: http://www.gncproperformance.com/art...?id=50&lang=en

I hope this helps anyone whose interested.

Comment

drink a gatorade an hour or so before your workout. That should keep you from cramping. If that does not work than eat a banana a couple hours before. Cramps are sometimes caused by lack of potassium.

Comment

breathe through your nose

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieRJJ View Post
            easier said than done...lol

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieRJJ View Post
              Originally posted by danny stash View Post
              easier said than done...lol
              Agreed. It's hard to do that when you're severly lacking oxygen....gasping tends to be the road I take, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Migs View Post
                Agreed. It's hard to do that when you're severly lacking oxygen....gasping tends to be the road I take, haha.
                you really have to teach yourself. One thing you can do is between rounds hold your arms up and take DEEP breaths through your nose.

Comment

I know a thing or two about training in the heat and humidity. You gotta drink a lot of fluids throughout the day and specially before you work out. It might help to relax when you are training a little if your too tense you can cause those muscles to cramp up on ya. Stretching before your workout is also importatn.

Comment

Yeah a gatorade before your workout will stop it, i used to get them badly at basketball training when having to jump often, but the extra gatorade before stopped them for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X