No announcement yet.

repeated question about bag gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repeated question about bag gloves

hey guys, sorry about this thread because im sure its been posted a million times but i have 14 oz gloves and i was wondering...do actual heavy bag gloves benefit you more than regular training gloves.Why do they or why don't they?

I just have two pairs of rivals 16 oz. velcro sparring gloves and I use one pair for bag and pad work while the other pair and for sparring.Your choice of bag glove really doesnt matter usually bag gloves are cheaper but are frowned apon for sparring use.Totally your choice for glove slection.

Comment

I dont like bag gloves i do the same thing as floydfan

Comment

Don't ever spar with bag gloves ffs. You'll bust your hands up and cut your opponent.

On the bag- use either gloves or bag mitts. Its upto you. There are plusses and minuses

Bag mitt - supposed to develop hand speed as they are lighter (**** knows how it works).

Gloves - Will build endurance in your arms as your arms will be weighed down heavier than with fighting gloves. It will also give more protection to your hands.

Its upto you. I used to use gloves, but my hands were a mess. Now they're ok so i use bag mitts. Sometimes i just pick up whatever i fancy, or whatevers closest.

Comment

It's a matter of personal preference, and it may be a placebo, but I believe in weighted training. I use 20 oz. gloves on the bag and for padwork, and 16's for sparring. It seems to help to do my drills and bagwork with the heavier gloves. The 16's seem a lot lighter. I use a jumprope with 2-lb. weights in each handle (4 lbs. total), also.

Comment

I use these bad boys right here:

16 oz. Everlast velcro gloves. They feel nice, but leave my knuckles cut up sometimes, but they feel smoothe on the bag.

Comment

Working...
            X