No announcement yet.

Advice on shadowboxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on shadowboxing?

i gotta warn you I'm not exactly in fight condition because i broke my hand 4 weeks ago, also my punches would be slower to

punches are too ARMy..put some shoulder n hip into your punches..every punch should set up your next punch.spread your legs a little wider, and sit down on your punches..BUT NOT TO LOW..your pretty tall dont give up alot of your height..and you have pretty long arms, extend your arms out more and use that reach!bring your jab higher..if i was boxing you and you boxed me like that, all i would do is lean back and pop you with a counter right hand..your hooks are way too wide.keep workin man..and just for advice on shadowboxing, pretend your actually fighting someone..that way your not only workin out your arms, but your mind..

Comment

yer i havent fought or even trained in a while because of my hand and footy season. defiently not my best

Comment

well boxing is all a learning experience dawg just as long as you learn your mistakes and correct em, youll be good

Comment

yer i got a good trainer John "the beast" Mugabe ever heard of him?

Comment

Originally posted by xploda11 View Post
            yer i got a good trainer John "the beast" Mugabe ever heard of him?
            yeah he is from Ghana gave Hagler hell of a fight

Comment

to start with you jab isnt good which is the basic punch of boxing you need to start working on it

Comment

i can't throw it properly because my hand is broken mate... thats why all my left hand punches look retarted

Comment

Originally posted by xploda11 View Post
                  i can't throw it properly because my hand is broken mate... thats why all my left hand punches look retarted
                  not not the the speed but it the tech. which you could do it slowly.

You jab should never go down because then you chin is not protect as well as you head, it should be thrown at the same level as your shoulder because you shoulder will automaticly protect you.

for the rest stuff it pretty bad, but I talking about the jab because it is the basic.

Emily Griffen was training only to us the jab for like 6 month and whent to the golden gloves and won it.

you will notice people with good jab and use it they are hard to beat examples:
                  Winky
                  Bernard Hopkins
                  Larry Holms
                  Floyd Mayweather
                  Wlad Klit
                  Ali
                  Kostya Tszyu
                  Barrera
                  Jermain Taylor f( pre-winky fight he was really impressive when he as using the jab because he also have long reach and after he stopped using it he looked really beatable and bad.)
                  Cintron ( good exmaple what a jab could do)
                  Thomas Hearn

and mmany many more

Comment

By the look of your avatar man, you may want to allign your fist so the knuckles are in line with your wrist as your hand is bent up a bit at the moment. Thats juat a suggestion Im not quite sure though..

Comment

Working...
                    X