No announcement yet.

Beginner - from couch potato to champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner - from couch potato to champ

I used to be 250lbs and now weigh 185 lbs, so I lost 65lbs but lost some muscle mass too. Now, I'm gonna sign up for boxing in a couple of weeks, and was wondering what type of exercises I could do at home for assistance. I do pushups and crunches, already, and of course running, and until about a couple of months ago, did lifting and gained back a lot of my muscle mass. However, my endurance sucks big time, because I can only do like 25 pushups "kissing" the floor, and about 30 situps. I can't even do a single pullup or chinup, so I think I'm lackin shoulder and back strength, big time.
    I think I pretty much got the running down, though, because my endurance and speed are getting better. But I would really like help with the rest, since I'm not progressing very fast, and also some suggestions on cutting fat without losing a lot of muscle and without lifting (I want to get lighter). Thanks

Originally posted by bedHead View Post
    I used to be 250lbs and now weigh 185 lbs, so I lost 65lbs but lost some muscle mass too. Now, I'm gonna sign up for boxing in a couple of weeks, and was wondering what type of exercises I could do at home for assistance. Thanks
    If you've lost that much weight, you have the drive and will to sacrifice. That's a good start. Running helps, weights help, but the unfortunate truth is, nothing will get you ready for boxing except boxing. Go to a boxing gym and get ready to work hard. Show them that you're strong on the inside, and they will make you strong on the outside.

Keep in mind, though, that getting into shape is the easy part of the sport. Once you're in shape, it gets a hundred times harder. So get ready for the most intense physical, emotional, and psychological pain this side of Hell. Welcome to the world's greatest game.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
      If you've lost that much weight, you have the drive and will to sacrifice. That's a good start. Running helps, weights help, but the unfortunate truth is, nothing will get you ready for boxing except boxing. Go to a boxing gym and get ready to work hard. Show them that you're strong on the inside, and they will make you strong on the outside.

Keep in mind, though, that getting into shape is the easy part of the sport. Once you're in shape, it gets a hundred times harder. So get ready for the most intense physical, emotional, and psychological pain this side of Hell. Welcome to the world's greatest game.
      boxing aint a game, its a way of life. We dont play boxing. We live for it

Comment

Working...
      X