No announcement yet.

I had my first sparring session....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my first sparring session....

I've never sparred before, but he has expierence sparing with friends outside the gym and it showed. Body only!

1st round, I started pushing a good pace, but I wasnt able to land any real good shots on him, I just kept jabbing to keep him off and throwing rights at his jab arm. I didnt have a good plan going into it.

2nd round, he got several good shots and a clean one to my chest, I was having trouble breathing after the fight was over. Then he slipped an uppercut and nailed me on the jaw (by accident). This was starting to mess with me mentally and wasnt sure how to get in on him?

3rd round, We were both tired as all, but I noticed I didnt have any power in my punches and he was still able to through bombs at me. This frustrated me even more, as I kept trying to watch his hands and swing around them but that didnt work.

Any advice is welcome!
    All in all I had fun, definitly gonna get back in there!

Well if your going to do body only sparring you might pick up some bacd habits like not keeping your hands up. But your going to be more than likely inside fighting a lot of the time, so i just suggest practise that on the heavy bag and improve your conditioning. Do you go to an actual gym?

Comment

Our trainer wanted us to go to the body only so we would get use to being in a ring and going the length of a match. I guess it is just to get us broken in to taking punches under pressure but we will be sparring full on soon. Yes, I go to real gym.

Comment

yeah man i dont think its a good idea to just go body shots

Comment

full contact is much funner...its the only time you can actually put your combinations to the test, tire yourself out and still have to continue.

Comment

Working...
          X