No announcement yet.

Question about running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about running

How many times a week should you run? I know some people run everyday but one of my trainers said to run every other day. As of right now I'm only running about a mile and a half with the intentions of getting up to 2 or more but I'm not trying to wear myself out. I've noticed that the running has helped me while sparring as I did yesterday and managed to spar two 3 minute rounds without completely dying or feeling lke I'm gonna puke. So how often should I run? Any suggestions?

I run 5-7 mornings a week depending on how my bodies feeling and sometimes I will do an additional bout of light cardio at night.I find if I plan to do more then 5-6 kilometers my pace slows down so i stick to a 3-4 kilometer run at a much higher pace. But its all about how your bodies feeling your running should not interfere with your sparring,skills training.If your find your burning out lighten up if not increase your intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
      depend on how comitted you are really i do 5 days a week having sunday and tuesday off atm but i aint in full swing atm having a lil breakle but you can build a run up to 3 miles in 30 mins and is all you have to do in a day for running i would say
      yea i run 5 days a week to sometimes 6 and it works real real good for keeping my wind up. some guys i know run 2 or 3 times a week and they are in good shape too. u should be able to maintain a 7 or 8 minute mile throughtout like a 3 or 4 mile run.

Comment

I run everyday for about 35-45 mins. I go steady all the way, and sprint the last 400 meters or so...

I run either early in the morning, or and night. Trying to avoid the sunshine to much incase i burn.

Run as much as you can, your fitness will REALLY REALLY benefit. After boxing for such a long time, i've only just incorporated running seriously into my regime and it has benefitted me so much, i wish i'd done it from the very start.

Make sure you got decent running shoes, try and run on soft ground as much as you can and basically get out there. Run in a loop around your village/town/city etc so you eventually return back at your door. Be reasonible with your estimate of how far you can get.. then every week.. or when your feeling stronger, add a bit more on...then a bit more... or try and up your pace.

Eventually and quickly you will soon be running further and faster each week - and your performance in sparring should improve also.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
          if you have never done any running befor if goning to be hard to do a 7-8 min mile + i like the treadmill on the highest incline that will burn loads of cals but it harder ther run a 10 min mile on the higest incline
          oh yea no doubt the highest incline on the tread is real real hard. but im talkin bout runnin on the road. 7 or 8 minute mile is hard, but its far from impossible. an in shape fighter maintains a 7 or 8 minute mile for a 5 mile run, thats the general pace for bein in great shape. i can run 4 miles with a 8 minute mile pace, its hard, but u push urself and u get it done...

Comment

Originally posted by Migs View Post
            How many times a week should you run? I know some people run everyday but one of my trainers said to run every other day. As of right now I'm only running about a mile and a half with the intentions of getting up to 2 or more but I'm not trying to wear myself out. I've noticed that the running has helped me while sparring as I did yesterday and managed to spar two 3 minute rounds without completely dying or feeling lke I'm gonna puke. So how often should I run? Any suggestions?
            No limit.

But don't binge run......that's the worst thing to do. Meaning don't run until you're sick and worn out........because:

A.) You won't want to repeat the routine the next day, And chances are you flat out won't perform like that again.

B.) It stresses the body and burns too many calories at once. If you're also concerned about your fitness level, it's only going to have negative effects because your body will be stressed and you won't recuperate.

Now look........on top of running, what I've been doing is breathing air through a straw at night to build my respiratory muscles. While I'm watching television I'll put the straw in my mouth and make sure not to breathe out of my nose for a while. That's in my book 1/2 of not getting gassed. If you do that, just make sure not to over do it and get light headed, and whatever you do don't try and run with the straw in your mouth because that's ******ed.

Most people's problem is not the fact they're in bad shape..........it's because they either smoke, or their respiratory muscles aren't developed.

Just try that.

My doctor told me about that, and it works.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

And I'd have to say even though I'm no expert.

Breathing through a straw mimicks high altitude training. I know for a fact I don't gas out near as bad as I did before doing that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Does everyone here incoporate interval running? From what i've been told not to do miles of road work instead just 2-3 minute bursts with a minute rests to simulate the output of a round. I've been doing 3x 1km runs with a minutes break inbetween, it kills me but i've found i recover a lot quicker now than when i was just running a longer run at a slower pace.

Anyone else been doing this sort of thing instead of roadwork, or should i be doing a mixture of both?

Comment

Working...
                X