No announcement yet.

Boxing TricKs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing TricKs?

what are some of your tricks that you use to make your opponent fall into your trap? or maybe a certain combination or an angle you use?

depends on the situation. feints and alot of head and hand movement. i dont know wut else there is to make an opponent fight ur fight. u jus fight him ur way and make him do wut u want, wutever it takes.

Comment

dont forget about footwork

Comment

Originally posted by elizer07 View Post
        dont forget about footwork
        well, naturally, u cant really feint well with bad footwork.

Comment

Also, when the ref isn't looking decent little stiff shots to the hipbone hurt like hell. Get the fighters legs to weaken up over an 8 rounder (at the least ammount of rounds) In clinches, never stop hitting when you're that close. Even if it's just pepper shots to the back. Anything to put some hurt on him. Basically, watch Bernard Hopkins fights. By, "not looking" I mean.. The fighter you're against is in between you and the ref, so it's harder for him to see.

Comment

Originally posted by C-Drone View Post
            Also, when the ref isn't looking decent little stiff shots to the hipbone hurt like hell. Get the fighters legs to weaken up over an 8 rounder (at the least ammount of rounds) In clinches, never stop hitting when you're that close. Even if it's just pepper shots to the back. Anything to put some hurt on him. Basically, watch Bernard Hopkins fights. By, "not looking" I mean.. The fighter you're against is in between you and the ref, so it's harder for him to see.
            holding n hitting is legal if the other guy is holding and your hitting right? but if you hold the other person and you hit, thats whats illegal..correct?

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
              holding n hitting is legal if the other guy is holding and your hitting right? but if you hold the other person and you hit, thats whats illegal..correct?
              correct.

if the guy is holdin u, hit the **** out of him as much as u can with ur other arm.

Comment

jab is the best weapon for boxing.

set up the punch, tell you range and prepare for you other punchs and you sometimes could take you oppenet off balance.

hit the punch when you are not moving try not to hit it while moving

another thing is to feint espically when dealing with an akward oppenet.

alway keep moving you body or you feet. even when you are standing still keep moving you body. you could move you jabbing hand like a circle clockwise and anticlockwise that confused you oppenet and buys you time to think for your next move

alway when finish a combo go on the sides

Comment

i'll give you some tricks... ok.

1. Get in range with your partner and jab once to the head and take a step back. (it doesn't matter if it connects). repeat this twice/thrice - making it look it very repetative. Then, on the fourth time, step in, jab, feint a retreat and right cross. If its worked, then whilst you have feinted your retreat he will have followed you in, expecting you to retreat (like you have done repetively three times previous). Does that make sense?///>...?

2. When you throw a jab, most opponents will instinctivly throw one also. So jab and automatically slip and jab again. The second jab proberbly will land. So.. jab, slip, jab. (the first jab is the set up, even if it misses).

3. Heres a dirty trick... but i don't do it much, cos its just not fair. But do it as a joke, if your partners been winding you up or something. If your in a clinch, grab hold of your partners glove and pull it off as much as you can. (mainly works with velcro strap). The glove wont come off his hand, but it will become lose and will need to be arranged. If true to form, naturally he should step back, bring his hands down and start to push his gloves together, away from his guard. Infact usually opponents do this around where his heart it. Whilst his guard is down, give him a slap.

4. Another very dirty one.. if fighting a southpaw. His foot will be infront of yours. Stamp on it and jab his head. He will lose concentration. Do this... if your a dirty fighting bastard...or losing.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
                    i'll give you some tricks... ok.

1. Get in range with your partner and jab once to the head and take a step back. (it doesn't matter if it connects). repeat this twice/thrice - making it look it very repetative. Then, on the fourth time, step in, jab, feint a retreat and right cross. If its worked, then whilst you have feinted your retreat he will have followed you in, expecting you to retreat (like you have done repetively three times previous). Does that make sense?///>...?

2. When you throw a jab, most opponents will instinctivly throw one also. So jab and automatically slip and jab again. The second jab proberbly will land. So.. jab, slip, jab. (the first jab is the set up, even if it misses).

3. Heres a dirty trick... but i don't do it much, cos its just not fair. But do it as a joke, if your partners been winding you up or something. If your in a clinch, grab hold of your partners glove and pull it off as much as you can. (mainly works with velcro strap). The glove wont come off his hand, but it will become lose and will need to be arranged. If true to form, naturally he should step back, bring his hands down and start to push his gloves together, away from his guard. Infact usually opponents do this around where his heart it. Whilst his guard is down, give him a slap.

4. Another very dirty one.. if fighting a southpaw. His foot will be infront of yours. Stamp on it and jab his head. He will lose concentration. Do this... if your a dirty fighting bastard...or losing.
                    hahaha ill definatley try those dirty tricks haha but i like what you said about the jab slip jab and the jab right cross..i gotta try alll that

Comment

Working...
                    X