No announcement yet.

Took part in an Exhibition to Showcase My Club

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took part in an Exhibition to Showcase My Club

The London Borough of Enfield (UK) held a special sports showcase over the weekend. Basically, different sports clubs from the local area showcased their sport. It was a great experience being selected to represent the club, my coach actually rang me up early morning to make sure I turn up. We first showed the crowd our warm-up with a bit of skipping and shadowboxing then we went onto sparring. I'm only 4 months into my training and had to spar a light heavyweight with 1 years experience and a light welterweight with 3 years experience, I'm Super Heavyweight. It was a great experience and honour to be able to train in front of a large crowd. It was also quite a buzz having your name and stats announced over the P.A system. I had to really knuckle down and concentrate to block out the crowd and kids shouting.

I think I got through about 5 rounds of sparring in the end. The light welter was the quickest I've seen with my naked eyes. He'd throw 6 punches for every 1 and a half of mine. We had a good laugh about it after. I just couldn't see his punches coming, I just felt them bounce off my gloves or head guard and that was it lol. By the time my thought process said "throw the jab and keep the smaller man on the outside", **** **** ****, he'd throw three punches, then by the time I actually executed the jab he'd slipped it and released 3 more, **** **** ****, off my gloves and headguard! Absolutely loved every second of it! lol

I faired a lot better against the light heavy, as I had that split second more to react and actually counter. Either way both are quicker than the guys I'll face at super heavy. The coaches were pleased with my performance in relation to my experience.

Taking part in this exhibition has encouraged me even more to keep training hard in the sweet science.

Last edited by Darkstranger; 07-08-2007, 09:47 PM. Reason: typo

I'm pretty near you guy. And i'm glad for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Exige Jr View Post
      I'm pretty near you guy. And i'm glad for you.
      Cheers mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
        Cheers mate!
        way to take it like a man keep your head up and JAM brother...

Comment

Working...
        X